this really gets my feathers ruffled

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

We went to see a comedy show and this man in the front row to the right of us had his cell phone ringing. The comedian finally stopped his performance, asked the guy if he needed to answer that and when the guy said yes, the comedian said "then take the f'ng thing outside and answer it.
That reminds me of a cell phone user at a comedy club I went to. The phone rang, the comedian asked if he could answer it! He did, told the caller that his friend would call in an hour, and kept the phone for the rest of the show.

sofiecusion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This annoys me too...especially people in their cars! I always yell Get off your phone and just drive!" but of course they can't hear me.

GRRR

I think it is good to make an example of someone. Jay Leno did this about a month ago on the Tonight Show. Some guy in the fourth row's phone rang, andf he answered it (you couldn't hear this on TV). Jay said something like "How rude! Who is that?" The guy said it was his friend and then Jay said "Give me that!" and the guy handed his phone over...Jay then said "Hi, this is Jay. He's going to watch the Tonight Show right now. He'll call you back later!" and then hung up. He gave the guy back his phone and said "There you go, fixed that problem". It was funny how he did it, but not everyone laughed because the guy on his phone WAS rude!

sweets

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My sister's cell phone rings 24/7. Its usually her family who just need to ask where to find something. Or she gets into the car and calls to say I'll be home in 10 minutes...be outside to help with the groceries.

We have signs outside of each of our shows...plus before people are let into the theater they are asked to turn all cell phones off. During one show, a cell phone rang, and the owner started having a conversation. One of the actors STOPPED everything, pointed to the chatter, and said "We're going to wait for him. Everyone keep an eye on him and let us know when he is done"
The call lasted about 30 more seconds.

ps....Driving and talking on a cell is against the law in NJ and NY unless they are hands-free.

me-n-my guys

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Please don't get me started!!!
I'm 38 years old & refuse to get a cell-phone. I want to see if I can go to my grave without ever having owned one. I hate them. I'll just end it there before I go on a total bit%$#^c fest. Total pet peeve. There aren't too many things that can annoy me more than cell phones.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rockinrhonda

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats

Yea I know what you mean Rhonda, after serving at our Pizza shop for a few years. I'm 14 and I'm pretty much on my cellphone 24-7, probably the only time I'm not is when I'm on TCS.
sam

all young one out there are on the cell phones doesn't bother me at all
my neice lives on her cell phone 24/7 to
i guess when you get old like me
there comes a time in life where things really make your feathers ruffled you'll see
'Sam' one day when your old
you will be right where im at
good to hear from ya hope all is well on your end