This Poor Cat

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

wendydelmo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
all the #Country Kittens are doing WONDERFULLY!  I will get  some pics together for you all!

Poor Mama doggie is stressed out, and nervous about other being near her babies, so  I sit and hand feed her so she can be near them. She isn't snarly or anything, but nervous, so I am giving her lots of space and basically just popping into the kennel a few times a day checking on them.  I did check every few hours last night to be sure she didn't roll over on one while she still had anesthesia in her. 

The good new is that  3 people have inquired about the mama. we all know that there are poeple who want the babies, but the Mamas, not so fast! 

Mama

Puppy Bar!

PUPPY TAILS!  Look at the white tipped one!

wendydelmo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Did you get pain meds for her before leaving the vet? I usually recommend 3 days' worth. That is usually enough. If not, call and see if you can pick some up tomorrow for mama. That was major surgery, and with 7 puppies nursing - ouch!
yes, she has rimadry for today and tomorrow.  She's pretty stressed out, poor gir

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise

@Norachan  - I've heard of some of the larger dog breeds having 16 puppies, but that's unusual to say the least.
That's impressive. I'm trying to imagine the logistics of feeding that many little mouths.

Mama Dog is lucky she only has 7 to care for.

She's adorable @Wendydelmo  Those little puppy tails are too cute.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Momma dog is beautiful. No wonder people are asking about her.

I guess with a litter of 16 you would have to supplement and swap them in and out or find another mom to help. Lots of work.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
What a scared, sweet face on Mama... she looks like a sweetie...

the puppies!! the white one!! be still my heart...

Bless you, Wendy, for all you do....((hugs))

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Mama is beautiful! Hopefully she will relax soon. Glad she has pain meds. It will help. The pups are adorable!

wendydelmo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Found more pics--

HANK!

Why YES, HANK is sitting on top of the soffet of the high cabinets- and looks as if he wants to know what we are looking at!

MERLE and HANK

MERLE

PATSY AKA Baby

FREDDY and CRYSTAL

DOLLY  AKA Charlotte

And our Sweet Wynonna- AKA Calla

More Tomorrow.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Wow! The kitties are growing up! They all look happy and healthy! It's fun to see them again.

How are mama dog and her puppies doing?

Last edited:

hellomisskitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Who knew puppy tails were as therapeutic as kitten tails?? And boy, I needed this today!!

wendydelmo wendydelmo thanks so much for photos of the country kittens and Wynonna(nka Calla)!! All look so happy, healthy and beautiful [emoji]10084[/emoji]️[emoji]10084[/emoji]️ Must be an amazing feeling for you to see the wonderful lives you set in motion for these sweet souls. Made my heart smile to see these photos.

P.S. I notice that Hank has not lost one bit of his mischievousness [emoji]128569[/emoji]

wendydelmo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Mama Kiona and her babies are THRIVING. She is the sweetest most loving dog. She just aches for attention.  SO I have decided to clean out my basement so I can open the door to the kennel (formerly the cattery) so she can come out and join me! 

Here's a few Puppy pics!

ALl are 1 week, 1 day old.

BOY

BOY

BOY

BOY

GIrl!  (Not nervous Mama watching anxiously!)

GIrl!

BOY

Mama!

Notice how BIG the pups are already!  The Mama is only 33 pounds! 

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I wonder who mama mated with? She is so pretty! The pups are adorable. This will be interesting!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
On one of the sites I visit, these creatures would be called "woozles."  Our cats, on the other hand, are called "pooties," which I find hysterical, because I am prone to looking at Ms. Hekitty and aying, "Who's a cutie-pootie?"

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
How's Mama Naomi doing these days?  She still with you?

wendydelmo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

How's Mama Naomi doing these days?  She still with you?
oh, yes!  She is my love, and sleeps on the foot of my bed every night!  She and my other 3 cats have a like/hate relationship, but they tolerate each other, so I'm good with that!