This may actually be a new one...cat chewing oxygen tubing- help for a friend!

felinityfan

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Oh my gosh this sounds like a brilliant solution! Could I have more details about how your do it/what it looks like? I recently got out on oxygen and use a 50 foot cord....that my newest cat loves to play with and attack. Bitter apple hasn't worked so I really want to try sewing a cover over it to deter her from chewing on it!
I know this post has been going on for years, but I do have a solution to the problem. My cat chews on oxygen tubing where ever and whenever he sees it!
When I started on oxygen I tried all of the things I have seen here. The best solution was to sew a tubing cover. I got fabric at Wal-Mart and made 25 and 10 foot pieces. I put them together and secure them to the tubing as I need it. The cat never, ever, touches the fabric!
I would love to make them for other people!

valentine319

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
F felinityfan , someone was asking for a bit more details. I just added those for a bit more of a view and an additional option (the plastic tube).

There would be another option of using packages of long tube socks (the ones with like 10 pairs in them). You would cut off the toes and just hot glue the ends together until you get it long enough. This would be for someone who doesn't sew.

felinityfan

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
F felinityfan , someone was asking for a bit more details. I just added those for a bit more of a view and an additional option (the plastic tube).

There would be another option of using packages of long tube socks (the ones with like 10 pairs in them). You would cut off the toes and just hot glue the ends together until you get it long enough. This would be for someone who doesn't sew.

felinityfan

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Your idea of tube socks is ingenious, and seems to me quite workable. I'm in correspondence with someone who may sew a closer fitting cover for me, which I think be less cumbersome and better looking. But I like the idea of the socks! Thank you for the suggestion.

valentine319

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Someone just said they had put nails up crooked by the ceiling to keep the cord up and out of the way. I'm not sure how much that would work. But it's an idea.

Momma J

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I know this post has been going on for years, but I do have a solution to the problem. My cat chews on oxygen tubing where ever and whenever he sees it!
When I started on oxygen I tried all of the things I have seen here. The best solution was to sew a tubing cover. I got fabric at Wal-Mart and made 25 and 10 foot pieces. I put them together and secure them to the tubing as I need it. The cat never, ever, touches the fabric!
I would love to make them for other people!
Good morning I would love for you to make me one of these. What would the charge be?

Victoria McMillian

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Good morning I would love for you to make me one of these. What would the charge be?
Hi, I am not sure of the price. I would be glad to make you one. I am not trying to make money, just helping others who have to wear oxygen.
Thank you,
Vikki

Victoria McMillian

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat won't go a day without chewing holes in my O2 tubing. I've looked all over the internet, and your solution seems to be the best! Would you be willing to make 50' of tubing cover for me? You might just save my life! Or at least keep me from having to find a new home for my beloved kitty. Let me know how much compensation you would like and when you would be able to do it, and I'll be forever grateful. .
Hi, I am sorry I just found your note. I would be glad to make you one if you still need it. Please send me a private message.

Last edited by a moderator:

Momma J

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, I am not sure of the price. I would be glad to make you one. I am not trying to make money, just helping others who have to wear oxygen.
Thank you,
Vikki
Would you be able to do one 50 feet any color? I want to pay you though.

Victoria McMillian

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Oh my gosh this sounds like a brilliant solution! Could I have more details about how your do it/what it looks like? I recently got out on oxygen and use a 50 foot cord....that my newest cat loves to play with and attack. Bitter apple hasn't worked so I really want to try sewing a cover over it to deter her from chewing on it!
I’m sorry, I just read your message. For more details send me a private note.

Last edited by a moderator: