This is why I got a bird feeder

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Nat, it was worth it!
WHAT a great picture!

I never noticed that heart shape on Molly's back side - tooooooo cute!

We have bird feeders that stick right to the windows, and boy does it get them chattering! The squirrels are almost more entertaining!

Caspers Human

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
~~~ Bumpimg up an old thread. ~~~

We recently got a bird feeder for Casper and it has quickly become his favorite thing! :D

As soon as it starts getting light outside and the birds come out Casper goes down to sit in front of the patio window.
He'll sit there for an hour at a time, all throughout the day. He is totally fixated!

A few days ago, I was sitting on the sofa, watching TV and Casper was sitting by the patio, watching birds when he suddenly leaped at a bird!
BONK!! He went head first into the glass!

Now that the weather is getting warmer, the patio door will be open more often... It's a good thing that I installed cat proof screen! ;)

Last edited:

ellag

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
i have a hummingbird feeder right outside a window and my cats LOVE watching them! a cat would have to be extremely fast to catch a hummer. they are my favorite birds, fascinating, beautiful little creatures!

Caspers Human

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have a bottle feeder on a pole at the bottom of the patio steps and a small feeder on a suction cup mount on the patio window. There is a hummingbird feeder hanging from the lilac bush but it's still a bit early for hummingbirds, here. I like to put the hummingbird feeder out before they arrive so that their food supply is ready when they get here.

Then, in the past week or so, squirrels have found our supply of sunflower seed. The knocked down the window feeder and, one morning, I was sitting on the sofa, near the patio and I was suprised by a squirrel scampering up the screen!

Since Casper finds squirrels and chipmunks to be just as entertaining as the birds, I bought a corncob hanger, too.

Casper has all kinds of flying and scampering critters to keep him entertained and, soon, I hope he'll have hummers, too.

You're right! A cat has to be fast to catch a hummingbird!
I've heard stories of cats that could catch them but I've never seen it, myself.