This is too good to be true!

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats! Unexpected cash is always nice. I got a check the other day for an escrow overage for like $465 that made my day a whole lot better.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We never carry a balance on our credit cards, when we charge something, we pay it off when we get our statement.

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LSULOVER

We never carry a balance on our credit cards, when we charge something, we pay it off when we get our statement.
I do the same. My rule is if I don't have the money to pay it off fully when it's due, I don't buy it. But I guess I can't judge others situations. There could be situations when you just don't have a choice.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Congrats to the max, Heather!! having myself been in way too much debt and taken the easy way out, I applaud you for being able to accomplish this

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ReesesPBC

I do the same. My rule is if I don't have the money to pay it off fully when it's due, I don't buy it. But I guess I can't judge others situations. There could be situations when you just don't have a choice.
Yeah... we had a small issue with a $3000.00 water bill a few years ago. The city wouldn't let us switch the bill out of our names and into someone else's until the bill was paid. DH and I were renting a house so we didn't have any choice. I really should go back to them and do some more investigation on what happened, but I was so frustrated by the people who worked there it was simply better to just pay them, rather than go to court.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ReesesPBC

We just use the credit cards when we are somewheres and wanna save our cash. I use it every year to get our tickets and stuff to Talladega when we go in October, I purchase all the tickets for us and our friends and they pay me their money before the credit card is due.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

Yeah... we had a small issue with a $3000.00 water bill a few years ago. The city wouldn't let us switch the bill out of our names and into someone else's until the bill was paid. DH and I were renting a house so we didn't have any choice. I really should go back to them and do some more investigation on what happened, but I was so frustrated by the people who worked there it was simply better to just pay them, rather than go to court.
A 3000 dollar water bill, something had to be wrong somewheres, they woulda had to send someone out to check and see what was wrong. They woulda got tired of looking at my face because they woulda been seeing me about every day. There is no way on God's green earth I would have ever paid it.

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LSULOVER

We just use the credit cards when we are somewheres and wanna save our cash. I use it every year to get our tickets and stuff to Talladega when we go in October, I purchase all the tickets for us and our friends and they pay me their money before the credit card is due.
Yeah same here, either that or if the amount is too big to be covered by what's in our checking at the moment and we haven't transferred from savings. Sometimes though I just like having a month not to lose the money but I always pay by the due date.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That is awesome news! I should be doing the no credit card debt dance very soon too. DH and I have nearly paid off +$25,000 in CCdebt!
Let's just say we made some not so smart business investments....

Our secret to paying it off has been basically putting every penny I've made for the last 2 years towards the debt. There were times that didn't happen. But for the most part that is what we did. I can't wait to do that dance!!!

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats on paying those loans off. I just have some student loans and a doctors bill to pay off and then I am debt free.

wookie130

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How lucky you are!!! I too am in way over my head, as we ran in to a lot of financial problems with my hubby's drug addiction. Most of the debt was not accrued by me...but SLOWLY we are now starting to tackle it. Boy, will it feel good to be debt free at some point...