This is the Wheel Deal folks

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

HEY!

I already paid for my round trip flight and everything! I guess you'll have to fight me for her.

You can be her TCS Auntie, if you would like.
I'm sure she'd love it if you send her cards and presents.
Yay I'd love to be her TCS Aunt! My husband would kill me if I brought another kitty home anyway. I did show him these pics last night and he agreed that Bengals are gorgeous, and Penny is just beautiful

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gemlady

Have you thought about hooking that thing up so it can generate electricity?
Actually that thought crossed my mind. Would it be cruel to require them to work for their meals? lol.

Originally Posted by Renovia

so is that rubber treading? where did you get this? stoli would LOVE it
Yep, it's actually sandal soles material. Got the wheel from Pacific Northwest Imports. They deal in stone walkways and so forth...the wheels are a sideline thing.

Originally Posted by theimp98

lol well i guess that does answer the question if they would use it or not.
I was thinking monday if you had gotten it yet.

great pics, how about that video next !!!!!
I'm telling you, these guys barely let me finish assembling it before they were on it. Now I have to slow it down because I'm worried one of them will get hurt. Bengals are maniacal daredevils and while one has got the wheel going at top speed, another will try to jump on..... That has been resulting in some crashes that make me cringe. They are learning though, to take turns.

Originally Posted by sarahp

Wow, they look as though they love it!!! It's amazing that they knew exactly what to do with it and have straight away gone nuts

In the second photo, is that Penny on the ground closest to the wheel? She is sooooo gorgeous, I am so in love with her. Gingersmom better watch out, I may try and outbid her

Can't WAIT to see videos!
Yep, that's Penny.
As of today, April 13th, she and her son Impact, go for tandem runs on the wheel. I'm for sure going to video that....It's amazing how they run in sync.

Originally Posted by Jenny1124

Wow I have never seen anything like that for anything bigger than a mouse. How exciting to watch them.. and look how much fun they are having!
You have no idea....they are in love with this wheel. I had to kick Titan off the other day because he looked like he was losing weight from walking on it. lol...I swear he was on that thing for an hour.

Originally Posted by Siggav

This is absolutely awesome! Wow, first of all the cats are gorgeous and it's lots of fun to see them together and then that wheel! who would have thought they'd be so keen on it.

Congratulations
Thank-you! I had no idea they'd enjoy it this much. I've been skeptical for years about getting one of these.

Originally Posted by chromodactyl

oh my god!they are the most beautiful bengals-royal bengals!!Im getting a baby one in 8 weeks time.how jealous i am.great wheel will have to find
Thank-you! Congrats on your new bengal!

Originally Posted by babyharley

Wow, I wish I had one of those! I think Bayley would LOVE it!
Great photos & beautiful bengals!
I bet he would. I think all active cats would enjoy this.

Originally Posted by Rosiemac

Oh they do love it as well don't they, it's brilliant Nial!

I love that one of them all as if their waiting their turn
Ha! They are still learning the "wait your turn" concept. They've found that latching onto a moving wheel is skill that takes lots of practice.

Originally Posted by mooficat

wow that is just the thing, I was wondering if it had arrived and how things where going with it, but well, its worth every penny
Yep, I don't regret a cent that was involved in it's purchase. Well worth it.

Originally Posted by lookingglass

I can't wait to see the video!

The pictures are wonderful!
I'm working on the video thing. I'm waiting for a bit, until they have all mastered it. Right now Impact and Penny are the speed demons and they can get that wheel flying in seconds.

Originally Posted by JellyBella

Wow!! I could have them going all day on that thing! Where did you get that? Does it make a lot of noise when it spins?
It is completely silent when it spins, but the cats running on the tread makes noise. The fast they go the more noise it makes.

Originally Posted by Abymummy

Got to get me one of these Nial!!! Thanks for the idea!!!

BTW any pics of your awesome cat tree???
You DO need to get one. Your Abby's will go nuts! What cat tree? I have lots of those........which one are you referring to?

Originally Posted by GingersMom

Oh, man! Penny's going to want ME to buy one of these, too, but they just aren't in the budget at the moment!

She'll have to settle for playing kitty speedway with Ginger and Ferris. At least they can run a complete circle through my apartment instead of running a back and forth relay!

6 weeks from TODAY I take her home!!!
Let's see if I hook a generator up to the wheel to make electricity and then make Penny walk on the wheel all day long..........when you come to get her, you'll be rescuing her and she'll be forever grateful and a wheel for your place will be the last thing in the world she wants!

Originally Posted by katiemae1277

great pics!! me thinks you might need to invest in another one! and Jan has a great idea there
I'm already thinking about getting another one. Put all these cats to work!

Originally Posted by laureen227

Impact is GORGEOUS!
Thank-you! I think he is too.

Originally Posted by LuckyGirl

omg they are SO funny!!!
I get a laugh out of them everyday.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nial, I'm thinking it only makes sense to hook that thing up to a generator, especially if they love it that much!

And yes, please wear that girl out a little bit for me! I'm starting to feel like I'll be picking up an infant that is past its bedtime but got all riled up on sugar and excitement, LOL!!!

Starting to wonder if Ms. Penny is going to be hanging from my ceiling. Maybe I will HAVE to get a treadmill!

4badcats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have never seen anything like this - it is fabulous!!!! I cannot get over how gorgeous your kits are too

I am sooo tempted to get a wheel like this to try and persuade Ben to get some exercise before he balloons any more!!!!

mybabyphx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Out of curiousity... (wait- curiousity kills the cat)umm. ok I am wondering (if you don't mind) How much does it cost for one of those? And where do you order it from? BTW: Your kitties are soooooo cute. I want one
Maybe someday.

stampit3d

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my gosh! Is that ever clever Nial !!!
Ya know...I`ll bet my Hubby could figure out a way to use one of our wagon wheels and make one!
Is the "walk" part a plastic or rubber? Is there a sheet of plexiglass just on the other side of the wheel ....or how does it keep the cat from falling into the spokes?
It goes without saying that all of your cats are just soooo BEAUTIFUL, Nial, BTW
Linda

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
aww your kitties are gorgeous.
I think Miagi and Tiger would love a wheel like that.