This is "Orangie", my new best friend!

Mycoguy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
"Orangie" showed up on the ranch in summer of 2018, and, I saw him fighting with my aduly indoor/outdoor male, so, I shooed him away for over 6 months, fearing terrible vet bills from fighting. Many animals, sadly, are dumped up here where large cattle ranches are present. I had 2 new cats that summer, Orangie, and "Charcoal", a grey & white male that was very skittish. I left food out daily for both of them, but, between the crows, possums, racoons, and MY cats, it was hard to know if they ate a solid meal.
One time this summer, Orangie came around for feeding after I called him, and, came and rubbed up against my leg, and, wanted some pets, which I was so happy to oblige. After a week of brushing his hair, and, determining this guy HAD to have had an owner when younger(he was, the vet said, about 2-1.2 years old this week, on his first visit), and, I decided to TRY and bring him into my house, with 3 established cats.
I won't bore with the details, I will tell you Orangie has settled into his new home, and, after a year living outside, is VERY happy to be warm and safe, and, puts up with 2 of my 3 cats doing what cats do in tight spaces, swift turf battles, yelling, pouncing, and, running to hide, yet, he feels at home now.
He was a Santa Rosa fire survivor, and, brought to Forgotten Felines in Santa Rosa in December 2017, trapped at 5 pounds, by a caring person I have never met, helping to catch fire survivors, and, taking them in for care.
How Orangie ended up on my ranch, 14 miles away is a mystery..I do not believe he had owners here. He was probably given a "ride" down here by a disgruntled neighbor, or?????
A beautiful animal Orangie, and, I am so grateful to have him with me.
orangie1152019.jpg

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He's certainly made himself at home. What a sweetheart :redheartpump: Thankyou for giving him a forever home :rock:

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As an owner of two of them, orange tabbies are the best! (No, not biased at all :biggrin:) I never intended to get an orange cat when I was looking to adopt, but I saw Toffee and Fudge and just fell in love with them. Orangie is beautiful and it seems he has made himself very happy in your home! :)