This is funny

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got this in an email from my daughter the other day, this has got to be one of the funniest things I have ever seen, this is so my hubband.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO true. I don't really like changing diapers, but you have to do it. Baby certainly cannot change his/her own diaper. Maybe thats one of the reasons that God had females give birth and not males!

Reminds me of my ex when he changed our son's diapers. He made the mistake of standing in front of him - not on the side............I was laughing so hard at his white shirt! He, of course, had no sense of humor and got mad. I don't think he changed any more diapers after that!

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've never changed a diaper in my life -- but I came dangerously close once when my nephew was two years old, very shortly before he stopped wearing them. My mom and I were babysitting at his house, and Mom was in the restroom when Grant said, "Uhoh! I need a change!"

Well, I'm pretty phobic about this sort of thing, so I did my best to stall. "Ummm... well, sweetie, let's wait for Grandma, because I don't know how to change diapers."

"That's okay!" Grant says brightly, "I'll teach you!" He leads me into his room and hands me a diaper from the stack under his changing table. "You just put this up there," he says, pointing to the top of the table. "And then you get this and this out of here" -- babywipes and powder from a drawer.

"And then," he continues, as he climbs up the drawer handles to the top of the table and positions himself, "you just take off the old one. Here, I'll help you!" And he starts unfastening the tabs on the sides of his diaper for me!

I was just hysterical by this time, and awed by what a smart little guy he was. Lucky for me, Mom returned from the restroom just about then, and I was able to maintain my zero-diapers-changed record.

Oh, how I wish I had THAT incident on video!

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

I've never changed a diaper in my life -- but I came dangerously close once when my nephew was two years old, very shortly before he stopped wearing them. My mom and I were babysitting at his house, and Mom was in the restroom when Grant said, "Uhoh! I need a change!"

Well, I'm pretty phobic about this sort of thing, so I did my best to stall. "Ummm... well, sweetie, let's wait for Grandma, because I don't know how to change diapers."

"That's okay!" Grant says brightly, "I'll teach you!" He leads me into his room and hands me a diaper from the stack under his changing table. "You just put this up there," he says, pointing to the top of the table. "And then you get this and this out of here" -- babywipes and powder from a drawer.

"And then," he continues, as he climbs up the drawer handles to the top of the table and positions himself, "you just take off the old one. Here, I'll help you!" And he starts unfastening the tabs on the sides of his diaper for me!

I was just hysterical by this time, and awed by what a smart little guy he was. Lucky for me, Mom returned from the restroom just about then, and I was able to maintain my zero-diapers-changed record.

What a smart little boy!!!!! Tho' I do not have kids, I have changes many a diaper, having babysat all of my nieces and nephews ( 8 in total) at some point in time. Not all at once, tho"

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's very funny! Those must be bottle-fed babies, 'cause babies on breast milk don't have such stinky diapers. I'm fortunate to have a husband who has always done just as much parenting as I do!

But we are both the youngest in our families and the first time we changed our daughter's diaper, in the hospital, it took us a full twenty minutes! Two adults with five university degrees between us and it took that long!

We also accidently knocked some kind of cream off of the changing table and it fell into the trash.

A couple of weeks later we were pros, though, and could change her in ten seconds flat using one hand.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

When they are old enough to do all that, they are old enough to be potty trained.

h~chan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I got a good laugh out of that.. especially the one in the big suit..