this is appaling!!

sofiecusion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I didn't know that she ended it herself. Some of my friends at Petfinder emailed her too. She really didn't have any idea how to go about rehoming her cat....now she does. FYI...Ebay would have ended it if she wouldn't have, I've seen them end auctions selling dogs. I didn't see the part where she ended it herself. I'm glad she is now aware of how to go about it, some people just need guidance.

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
sofiecusion, Give the poor woman a break... she probably just didn't know any better and thought she was doing the right thing.
Sometimes, as good cat loving humans, we assume everyone is going to be as good to their pets as we are. Maybe that's how she was thinking. It's like we can't bare to think anyother way! Sometimes you have to give people the benefit of the doubt. The kitty looks very well cared for actually. I've seen breeders with white cats that looked much more neglected then that. She made a mistake and it more then likely wasn't intentional.

Princess Purr.. you did a very good thing! Thanks for educating this woman and offering to help her.

sofiecusion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
mzjazz2u, I DID give her a break....she didn't know how to go about rehoming her cat, she needed guidance, she realized her mistake, and is now going about rehoming her cat the RIGHT way....how can I bash someone that just didn't know but is now doing the right thing? I can't.

All I said was that if she wouldn't have ended it, Ebay would have since it's against their policy....that's not bashing her, it's just stating a fact.

sofiecusion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wasn't taking anything personally, I just wanted you to not take my intentions the wrong way.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

himmymommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Please do not argue over this for this was never my intention

You can look at this both ways...
yes anger does not help and it was good to let her know how to find her cat a home...
and the people who spoke to her did a very good job on doing that..
but
she was a seaoned ebay seller and very likely did know the rules..
also it probably was not her cat considering she did not even know what color it was..probably she picked it up somewhere and was selling it to make money..
people do this all the time..
so there are pros and cons to both sides of this situation...
I just hope he finds a good home...thats all i was concerned about..
Lorien

himmymommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
not just the color but she called it a himalayan...even someone who doesnt know these cats well will know the difference between a himalayan and a persian

princess purr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think I know cats fairly well and I thought that himalayan and persians were different breeds. My ex best friend has two himalayans and I don't know why but I thought they were a different breed then persians. So maybe she just didn't know, any who the auction is over, and she is going to do the right thing hopefully.

himmymommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
i guess what i meant to say was if the cat was her pet she would have known what the cat was...I hope she does the right thing also

Lorien

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by Princess Purr
I think I know cats fairly well and I thought that himalayan and persians were different breeds. My ex best friend has two himalayans and I don't know why but I thought they were a different breed then persians. So maybe she just didn't know, any who the auction is over, and she is going to do the right thing hopefully.
Hi P.P.! Himmalyans are persians. If you go to the CFA website there isn't even a seperate category for Himmies. Himmies are a color division of the Perisan breed. These are the divisions of Persians right from the CFA stie:

CFA Breed Profile: Persian
While the white Persian has long been the darling of photographers and advertisers, Persians come in an astonishing number of colors, which are divided into seven color divisions for purposes of competition. Those are:

Solid Color Division
Silver and Golden Division
Shaded and Smoke Division
Tabby Division
Particolor Division
Bicolor Division
Himalayan Division

baileysidney11

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
mzjazz2U, my objections to this woman shipping a cat: she doesn't sound too bright and would probably pack the poor animal in a cardboard box with bubble wrap and styrophoam peanuts!!

Also,everyone knows of a Humane Society, shelter etc. or something to do with a lost/stray animal without selling on E-bay. She knew enough about how to make money so I don't believe her claims of innocence. A mistake is getting the wrong loaf of bread at the supermarket, not selling live animals. Another objection is the fear of the poor animal being crated,handled by strangers and flying!! I don't even like flying and I can at least understand it.

sofiecusion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not that I'm defending this woman or anything....but she said she WOULDN'T ship it because it was a live animal, and the winning bidder had to be from her state...just thought I'd add my 2.5 cents.

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't like the selling of pets on ebay either. I was just curious what everyone else thought and it opened a can of worms. However, I can't judge or condem the woman for making a mistake that she corrected quickly as soon as it was brought to her attention. She may be guilty of ignorance but not necessarily not caring for her cat! The cat looks very well cared for! Thank God! One thing I dissagree about is taking it to the Humane society. I would never take one of my pure bred persian's to a humane society. They're too high maintenance as far as grooming and are very sensitive to some things. I hope she finds a good home for the kitty too. I wish I could take him, I would in a second! I think I'm a good Persian mommy.

I've had two cat's flown to me and don't think there is anything wrong with it. Mine came with a human transporter though. I would hate to see a cat shipped. That would be too frightening for the poor baby.

Have a good night everyone!

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by sofiecusion
Not that I'm defending this woman or anything....but she said she WOULDN'T ship it because it was a live animal, and the winning bidder had to be from her state...just thought I'd add my 2.5 cents.
That's good to know! He's such a beautiful animal. Everytime I look at his picture I drool!

himmymommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
He is gorgeous!! I so wish i could take him
But hes too far away...and my Boys would have a fit...LOL
Lorien