this is a nighmare !! urgent help

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

xerr

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sounds quite possible that he was constipated from the anesthesia - that happens to me after surgeries and from some pain meds. After I got spayed (hysterectomy, lol) I was also constipated -

you were spayed?? hehe good one ! I wish I am spayed too

Anyway, he's like a little daredevil today, so he's allright. My God I was really frantic with worry. I gave him some crab sticks yesterday night and he devoured them
and is cuddly as before. I have to check a bit about the stiches, to see when they will heal completely. In time I will have to spay his sister too, hope it goes better than snow's ! It's more expensive for a female so will not spay her soon enough, but I will as soon as I have the money. She will not be going out for sure for many reasons. 1) someone will steal her, when they see a persian outside a house they just grab the cat and vanish. 2) I don't want her pregnant 3) she will get dirty hehe :p Besides I live on the second floor flat, so it would be impossible to escape from my door and the other outside door.
Last thing not to be forgotten, Snow pooed again in the litterbox and was ok, when I saee him going to the box I run after him to see (and smell) lol...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

xerr

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by stormy

I'm just seeing this thread now....Poor Snowbell! And what a nerve wracking time for you all

I'm glad to hear he is getting better.

Spyder sometimes gets constipated and I add some baby food green beans to his food for a few days, just about a teaspoon and it usually helps.
So I took him to the vet 2 weeks ago cos he had diarrea and got him fixed with antibiotics.... then he was constipated, the opposite of diarrea hehe. He was unlucky poor baby. And gave us a hard time too.. When my kids are sick I always have a remedy, and make them feel good again in no time. I always have medicines packed in the bathroom and my son is asmathic but I always manage to sort everything right. BUt with my cats I remain blocked and frozen, and cry hehe. I see them so fragile and defensless.

gizmocat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good news for Snowbell! It sounds as if he was indeed reacting to the anasthetic and possibly to the pain meds, but all will be well.

I hope things go easier for you with his sister.

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It could also partly be due to the antibotics he had - antibiotics don't just kill the bad bacteria, they also kill some of the good bacteria in the gut which can cause a bit of digestive upset. I would give him a little bit of plain live yoghurt every day for a few days (I let mine lick the inside of the tub after I have finished with it, he loves the stuff), which will help balance the bacteria in his gut back as it should be.

I am glad to hear he is better now, reading this thread was horrible, I can't imagine what it must have been like for you.

chaunte

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I hear that! At least you have vets to choose from.
Where I live, we have 1 & its 20 miles away. The next one is almost an hour away. No emergency services around here for pets!