This COCCIDIA is killing us!!!!!

dragonlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Big-Cat-Fan

No, I did not sign anything. Actaully after we payed for him she told me that there was only a 48 hour health gurantee!!!
I should have known then.
But when I went back to give her the receipts she told me "Well it says here in the paper you received"... and I interupted her by saying" I never received one of those papers". I am not very good at confronting people. It's not in my blood... hehe
But it has just hurt me in the pocket book ... ya know?
You seem to know how to do it right.... how bout you come with me??? LOL
There is such a thing as a pet lemon law!! Look up your state on this list to see what your state can enforce! http://www.malteseonly.com/lemon.html I am sure you can check with the health department and I would also contact the SPCA or Humaine Society in your area as well as the Better Business Burough. (sp?)

loveysmummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Big-Cat-Fan But it has just hurt me in the pocket book ... ya know? You seem to know how to do it right.... how bout you come with me??? LOL [img said:
Well, if I lived close enough...I would be down there!

I heard Missouri does have a large population of puppy mills so I am wondering if its the same with kitty mills too..Though you say Garfield came from Chicago..
Poor little guy.
But I am just happy knowing that he is being taken care of really.

Though, I hate to think who has popped up in his place at that store.
argh. can't think about it....

Good luck in the next few days!!

gatitasmami

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Coccidia has developed a resistance to Albon and there are cases these days where it doesn't work that well. There is a drug available outside the U.S. that works better than Albon but vets are not allowed to prescribe it. When I had a bad case of Coccidia in 2 of my kittens, I got the drug from the Humane Society. Sorry, can't remember the name of it right now. It has the nastiest flavor of any drug, and unless you mix it with canned food juice, they only spit it up. But it cleared it up when Albon failed.

Talk to your vet - my experience was last year and it may be on the market these days. I believe it is made in Australia.
Corid (amprolium ) solition

Last edited: