This boy really needs those magic TCS vibes!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so behind reading threads, I just saw this! Good on you for saving him.

Do you remember at all when I brought my Eden (Siamese) home? She had balance issues, trouble walking straight, back leg/mobility problems. She was pregnant, starved, and dehydrated. The vet thinks it was improper care (specifically lack of food/water) that caused her issues. She has no mobility or balance problems anymore. The only lasting thing was very infrequent seizures (I haven't seen one in over a year). Obviously doesn't sound like the exact same case with this handsome boy.....but there is hope.

I unfortunately don't have the videos of her moving anymore. :(

motoko9

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I truly wonder if malnutrition and fear were contributing to his issues? He truly looked nearly starved when he was first brought in. I wonder if part of his problem was weakness from that?
I wondered the same thing. I really hope that once he's been on a steady diet for a while, he'll recover, as white cat lover's Eden did.

Thanks for the pics!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh is he BEAUTIFUL!

:vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: he doesn't overly stress from the trip, and settles in nicely in his new foster home! Oh Paula - how absolutely GREAT you saved him, because it seems like he's going to make someone very, very happy. :heart3:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He's on his way to his long-term foster home in Tulsa now :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

I'm SO going to miss that baby. He turned out to be such a sweetheart, purring non-stop and so desperate for petting and affection. He will be seeing the vet ASAP to get checked out this week. I will keep you all posted on his progress.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
AWWWW This story is just so heartwarming and really is a miracle!!! He really is a beautiful and very lucky little guy to have overcome so much this last week. I am thrilled he is on his way to his new foster home and on his way to finding his forever home :cross: . :D :D Please do keep us posted on this sweet boy :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

Last edited:

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kitty's new foster mom took him to the vet today and here is her various posts about him:

Update on this guy. Took him to the vet today. He has a head injury but because he's getting around so well and eating and drinking that it is a good sign. He has hemorrhaging in his right eye. So he needs to take steroids to ensure his brain doesn't swell and an anti-biotic as a precaution. He has a follow-up on Monday.

He's been doing really good. He's walking normally most of the time. He crouches low to the ground when he's scared. His eyes go rapidly side to side because he's dizzy. So that's why he was walking the way he was.originally. A mixture of being scared and being dizzy.

I have and update on this little guy. She did bloodwork and found no problems. He does has a head injury though. She said his right eye has hemorrhaging. But she said that because he is getting around well, it's a good sign. She gave me a steroid to give him and an anti-biotic just "to make her feel better" just in case it's some virus in the brain. She thinks he's about 4 years old. He has a follow-up next week.

So that's the news on kitty. Will hopefully find out more in the next week. Please please keep him in your prayers :vibes:

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kitty (who has been named Taz) is still doing good. I will get the chance to find out for myself tomorrow :rolleyes:

Sharon's father-in-law passed away and she has to travel to Chicago for the funeral, etc. and will be gone for one week. She has nobody who can come in each day to feed him and give him his meds, so rather than put him through the stress of a 12-14 hour car trip and staying in yet another strange place, have decided to keep him here for the week. She will be bringing him tomorrow evening. I hope he will settle a little easier here since it will hopefully still smell and seem familiar to him?

He has been doing well at her house, sleeping on her bed, has met and seems to be getting on well with her Dachshund doggie, ventures out of the bedroom without prompting, and even meowed for the first time today :) I hope this change won't set him back in his progress but it seems the best solution under the circumstance. I can't say I'm unhappy about seeing him again either ;)

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I love his name! I hope Taz will continue to do well. I'm glad you're taking over while she goes to the funeral....it is so much easier on him. Bless you for all you've done for Taz.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh, I'm so sorry to hear about her father. :rbheart: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

But I'm glad to hear there's been good news for Taz! Just mega :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: that this head injury will heal, in the sense that the poor fella won't be dizzy, and if it's the result of a bacteria or swelling, that the antibiotics and pred will resolve that for this beautiful boy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sure he'll remember your home, and I agree, it's the best option for him. :heart3: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes:

tntrouble456

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
What a feel good ending this has been. Following this thread was a nail biter but I am tickled pink Taz had you to bring him to life and love. You have a wonderful heart.

Brenda