Thirteen Ghosts

jeanie g.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry, folks! I posted too soon. Without a doubt, Wait Until Dark was great! Anything Alfred Hitchcock did was great, too. I really like suspense better than horror. This Jodie Foster movie about a hidden room looks like my style. However, for pure gross, you can't beat the original Night of the Living Dead, which was made here in PA. We got a baby sitter because we didn't want our girls to see it. The next day in school, their teacher told them all about it! Psycho was earth-shattering at the time, of course. Everyone talked about "all the blood," but there was just a bit shown going down the drain. The shocking part was that Janet Leigh was among the top ten stars of the time, and no one could believe she was killed off 15 minutes into the movie!

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Jeanie - that so reminds me of when my friend and I would watch movies as kids! We were about 10 years old at the time, and we were watching Cujo. We had the lights off and everything. My friend's dad, who had seen the movie before (made sure it was ok for us) waited around the corner of the room until one of the really intense parts, jumped out and screamed. Oh my god, we about jumped out of our skins!!!!

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I also read the book Red Dragon, but didn't see the movie Manhunter. Red Dragon was alright, but nowhere near as good as the other two that followed.

As for the Blair Witch project, I was disappointed with the first one, but the sequel was pretty good, I thought.