Third Eyelid Showing

ColoradoCat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi, everyone. I noticed recently that Cassie's third eyelid in her left eye has been showing and I'm wondering what it could mean. I'm planning on possibly calling up the vet on Monday if it isn't better. I'm worried she may have hurt her eye somehow or have an infection
tempImage6DZoKm.png
. Has anyone seen anything like this before?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ColoradoCat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the advice, everyone. She looks much better today, but I have noticed that she squints with her left eye from time to time as if she has something jammed in there. I will most likely be calling the vet tomorrow just to make sure it's not serious. Other than this issue, she's doing very well and was very demanding of pets and snuggles when I got back from work this morning.

kittyprincesss

Loving Mother of a Flower Petal
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you for the update! Yes, definitely still call the vet. Just to be extra safe, she has beautiful eyes and we want her to keep them healthy and good.:)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ColoradoCat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So a quick update: she seems perfectly fine today and I'm not seeing any signs of any issues. Maybe she just got hit in the face with one of our dogs' tails or something. I'm going to keep an eye on her and if I see her squinting or if her third eyelid starts showing again, I will call the vet immediately. And yes, she does have the most beautifulest of eyes. She's such a good girl. Unfortunately, I'm not able to post another photo as the file size is too large, but she's definitely looking better.