Third eyelid showing without infection.

Yasmin97

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My kitten suddenly became lethargic at 1pm and won’t eat or move. It’s been 8 hours and he is still the same. His third eyelids are showing and covering half his eyes but they are white with no sign of infection. He doesn’t vocalize like usual or move to eat. Just very tired and barely moving. I’m going to the vet tomorrow but is there anything I can do? Or any possible reason? He is an outdoor cat so maybe something outside happened.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Is it possible to bring him in for the night? Third eyelid is a universal "I don't feel good" sign, even without infection. It's good he's going to the vet tomorrow. Is he eating at all, or drinking? Are his gums nice and pink?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Yasmin97

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He hasn’t eaten since 11am. He’s gone to the bathroom. His look like the usual and I always check them. His resting breath is at 30per minute. I’m watching him overnight as well.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
He hasn’t eaten since 11am. He’s gone to the bathroom. His look like the usual and I always check them. His resting breath is at 30per minute. I’m watching him overnight as well.
I'm glad you're watching over him tonight, and hope the vet has some answers. Please let us know what they say.
🙏

Yasmin97

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm glad you're watching over him tonight, and hope the vet has some answers. Please let us know what they say.
🙏
He finally woke up more and ate abit but didn’t drink water. I put him some kmr for liquid. It third eyelids are still showing but less of the eye is covered now.

CatladyJan

<><
Top Cat
Purraise
He finally woke up more and ate abit but didn’t drink water. I put him some kmr for liquid. It third eyelids are still showing but less of the eye is covered now.
Hang in there! As iPappy iPappy stated third eyelid is universal for I don't feel well and somethings wrong. Did he drink the KMR?

Yasmin97

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thankfully he did eat a little meat and drank the kmr. I’m suspecting he had a fever like a flu or something. He felt warmer than usual and his ears were really hot when usually they are a little cold. It could explain the tiredness out of nowhere. Perhaps the cold weather hot to him.