Thinking of buying cat fountain....

kmcook

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I bought the Drinkwell for my two babies and they love it!! It took them approx. 3hrs to use it. Now if for some reason it is "out of service" I have NO peace until it is placed back in operating condition!! HA HA!!

Prior to this, I was changing their water bowl up to 15times a day because if one piece of dust was in their bowl, neither one would touch it. I still clean my Drinkwell, but not 15 times a day thank goodness!!!

My babies also LOVE to drink from the faucet and this has saved on my water bill, because they have learned to turn the faucet on. With the waterfall action of the water on the platform they feel like they are drinking from the faucet and leaves them alone.

I would definetly recommend buying a fountain!!!

misskittysdaddy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks for all the info guys. I've been trying to find something to help out Miss Kitty - her water bowl seems to get dirty five minutes after I put it down. MK likes to play with her water constantly, which doesn't bother me, but it tends to get bits of her food and other nastiness very easily.

Quick related story...when I first got MK, she disapeared for a few minutes and then came and rubbed up against my bare leg - and all I could feel was wet! I thought, "Oh no, I got a kitty who pees on herself!"

It didn't take me long to figure out it was because she's a water player, not a self-pee-er.

MKD

sammie5

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats wouldn't go near the Drinkwell fountain. Sam will only drink out of the decorative fountain that I have had for years. It was a pain to keep clean, and I was hoping to switch him over. He wouldn't drink out of a dish of water, it had to be running. Bailey also ignored the Drinkwell, but she will drink out of the water dispenser set up (a bottle upside down on a dish assembly, the kind that goes glug glug glug).

When I was looking after the neighbour's cat, she loved the Drinkwell, so I gave it to them. They used it for a month or so, but found that it was a pain in the neck to keep clean, so they have also given it up.

I have now taken apart the decorative fountain, and Sam will drink out of that dish. But that's the only one. He will also drink from the dripping tap in the bathtub.

renny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have the Cat it...rambo started off loving it, but now neither of my kitties will go near it. I'm about to give up on it. Lucky will only drink out of her white water dish (no other colour)