Thinking of adopting

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well -- if you have stamina to look after three newborns and all these animals --- I wish you well. I personally would also wait to see what's what with your impending pregnancy and babies. Are these your first children? It's different than being a god mother or an aunt. Newborns are extremely demanding of time and energy and you will be getting very little sleep, especially if you do not have a nursemaid or someone in the home to help you with those chores... multiply that times three.

As someone else indicated they could be premature... and you may have to deliver by Cesarian section. Abdominal surgery is no cakewalk, I can tell you from personal experience.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

klaidman

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It's official. The kitties are coming home.
I will be picking up the cats on Tuesday. And already have an appointment with the vet set up for that afternoon. So we'll be going from the shelter to the vet. Ty however got really snappy with us. We are going to wait just a little longer to see if anything changes. He was a little ill. And the shelter did not want to adopt him out being ill.

auntie crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats on the kittens! That's too bad about Ty; did the shelter say what he was sick with?

When is your hubby's puppy coming home? I've always loved border collies, but they are, sadly, too high-energy for my apartment-living, full-time professional-working lifestyle.

Good luck with your full house!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

klaidman

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Auntie Crazy

Congrats on the kittens! That's too bad about Ty; did the shelter say what he was sick with?

When is your hubby's puppy coming home? I've always loved border collies, but they are, sadly, too high-energy for my apartment-living, full-time professional-working lifestyle.

Good luck with your full house!
Ty has a URI. My DH's puppies will be ready to come home in 2 weeks. The "puppy sitters" as my DH calls them are taking them to the vet for 2nd round of shots.