Purraise
this litter girl maggy im thinking get her foster care says
. She is fixed , vaccinated twice and dewormed

Attachments

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to the site, enjoy looking around. There's lots of help and advice here.

Just lots of patience. She will need to get used to her new home and you. Try to avoid loud noises and quick movements. Sit in the same room as her and talk to her or even read a book out loud so she gets used to the sound of your voice . Put plenty of toys in the room and encourage her to play. I suspect for the first day or so she will find a place to hide but that is natural. Let us know how you get on.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mr i need help asap

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks i got to ask u guys think 4-5 months old cat will be okay she female i want her to cuddle and be affectionate play is this still possible to teach her at 5 months u dont think adopting 5 month old cat is ok meaning she will be 10 years old in cat years already can i still teach her be less shy and cuddley kind or what thank you

lilin

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Absolutely! I adopted my cat Pia at a year and a half old (about 20 in human years), and she was extremely shy and had lived in some pretty bad situations.

After a few months, she was a lap cat. So yes, it can absolutely be done.

5 months is still just a kitten. Lots of time to bring her out of her shell and teach her humans are good.

Set her up in just one room to start with -- perhaps your bedroom. Put her litter box, and food and water bowls in there (opposite sides of the room). She will probably find the nearest available hiding spot. Spend some time in there just sitting and talking gently to her (even if you can't see her), giving her treats, or trying to engage her with toys. But, also spend some time just leaving her alone to relax. There is every possibility that she won't come out much for the first couple days. That's completely normal! Most cats are wary of new environments at first.

Just let her come out in her own time. Don't try to force her. She will come out, once she realizes she's in a safe place.

Once she's comfortable in her room -- maybe a week, perhaps less -- open the door and let her explore the house. Again, don't force her. Let her take her own time.

Then, once she's out in the house, you can move her bowls and litter box to their permanent locations. Show them to her so she knows where they are.

She will become less shy over time, and trust you more and more every day that you are there as a safe, welcoming presence.

Keep in mind, though, all cats are different, and many don't like being actively hugged, even if they grew up with it from day one. Pia is a lap cat and loves to cuddle me, but on her own terms! She doesn't like being picked up and hugged. But she's more than happy to curl up with me, lay in my lap or on my chest, etc. Just gotta let her do it under her own control. That's pretty typical of cats, and she'd probably still be that way even with a better history.

Cats are independent creatures, and as a general rule, they want to be allowed to come to you. That's kinda like how cats are. Cats have a streak of wild in them still, and want a certain degree of freedom to decide things for themselves. Not unlike humans, in a way!

You may get lucky and wind up with a very tolerant cat who lets you pick them up and hug them and do whatever without complaining. I've had a cat like that, too! But that's a minority of cats.

In a way, it makes it particularly special that they choose to come to us. Pia could go where ever she wants, ignore me all day every day, but instead she chooses to curl up with me. And that's the special thing about cats. :)

Last edited:

Mr i need help asap

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well been couple hours meet gabby guys i hope it alright i got another cat soo soon kinda feeling guilty but at least im crying less ....she soo sweet puring and all but soo far didnt sit on my chest for long :(

Attachments

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She is lovely. Give her a little time to settle in to her new home and to get used to you. Play with her lots and tempt her on your lap with treats. Keep posting photos and let us know how she is doing.

Mr i need help asap

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Strange uh ....i dunno im going ask the adoption people i have the documents but it true maybe that was her 1st pic 1 month old ?? Could it be why u think it not same cat ......

Last edited:

Mr i need help asap

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sorry about that guys im in need of sleep honestly i dunno if i should call her maggy gabby tabby or minou my cat that recently passed from mammry cancer i dunno i got new cat and i dunno what name i should use is it crazy if i use my 1st cat name i even try to get same cat u guys think im going crazy or is this normal....

Attachments

Mr i need help asap

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Maggy is her name the foster family gave her u think i should change it completely no minou or gabby u have any suggestions or anybody thanks

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Condolences on the loss of your dear Minou. RIP sweet girl. :angel:

Your new little girl is a sweetie pie. I hope she helps heal your broken heart and that you have many, many happy years together. :catrub:

As for a name for your new girl, you can certainly keep the name the foster family gave her. Maggy is a fine name.

However, if you decide to give her a new name, she will likely begin to answer to it quickly. I'd probably hesitate naming her after Minou, as although it would be honouring her memory, you want to form new memories with your new kitty.

In case you want to look over cat names, here's a link with 250 different girl cat names:
Girl Cat Names - 250 Female Cat Names You Will Love by The Happy Cat Site

Let us know what you decide. :)

lilin

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Expecting a new cat to be the same as an old one is a recipe for disappointment. Like people, no two cats are the same, and in expecting them to be, you're robbing yourself of the unique connection you could have with this new cat. Like different kinds of people can be equally great, so can different kinds of cats.

For your own mental health, don't name her after your cat who passed away. Try to start with a fresh slate and let her show you what kind of cat she really is.

Gabby seems like a very sweet cat who's warming up to you really quickly! It took weeks for my kitty to be comfortable enough to lounge around in the open like that.

Take her as she is and I'm sure the two of you will have a great relationship.

Mr i need help asap

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sorry guys i must said gabby by accident it for sure foster parents and papers say her name maggy sorry for confusion

I think ill let it be ur right they are diffrent minou was wild and quiet and so much other things i dont wann talk about it i might start the water works and maggy is sweet shy and loud that wut i see so far lol

Also maggy seems shyyy i need help she not eating veary little drink veary little water from last night and also constantly cleaning her self bitting on her self im getting worried and she doesn't wann get of the kitty care package ....

Attachments

Last edited: