Thinking About Possibly Rehoming My Cat

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I strongly suggest that you contact your cat's breeder if you are still thinking about possibly re-homing your cat. Responsible breeders want to make sure that every cat they place is a good fit for the household, and if not a good fit, they want to help to resolve the problem or re-home the cat. Because breeders are constantly being contacted by buyers who are looking for that breed, they are in a good position to help find a good home that may fit better.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
....temporary....:hijack:....
We have just acquired a new member (Caesg) who is proposing a fascinating area of study on breeding cats for behavioral/social treats. If you do keep your Sib, you might contribute as to how your Sib adjusts to a residential lifestyle.
A catio with free access might work. I acquired a large chainlink dog kennel and had a handyman build a custom plywood portal from the bathroom window down through the roof and except for my Maine Coon, the other cats loved it. Then I did a home-made cat proof fencing addition to the backyard fence which easily kept in my original cats PLUS fosters EXCEPT for the MC. However, as I read more on MCs, Sibs, and Norwegian Forest Cats in FB groups, it seems that they do adjust well to indoor living. To be fair to my MC, during those years, I was very busy running my husband's solo-practice law office. I had both my main office and a home office, plus occasionally took my MC to work at night. Plus every third month, I got my grandson for a month so there were times of kids underfoot - wherever the kids were, the MC had to be; if the kids were inside, so was the cat.