Thinking about getting a boy

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's best for the younger kitties to have playmates.

You can (and really need!) to get them speutered ASAP! This can be saely done when the kittens reach 2 pounds, or about 8 weeks of age. Kittens can, indeed, get pregnant before they are 6 months old and it can be dangerous for the female kitten.

As far as personality...I work at a shelter with 300 cats and in neutered males and spayed females, there is really no across-the-board difference between the genders. Younger males have a tendency to be a bit more rambunctious, but as young cats....they all are!

Best of luck with your new addition(s)!

tom w

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hi, your Angel looks a little like our Angel, but most times she should be named devil !!!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

javannalynn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
that's kinda neat hehe! I also added another picture of Demon's crazy eyes!

tom w

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I thought I had a pic saved of our Angel but I don't anymore. I will take another one and post it.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm really glad you went and got Demon. I think kittens get lonely, especially right after they leave their mom and litter mates. I'll bet they're sleeping together in no time!

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got a male after having female cats. They get along very well. In fact the male is the most gentle, loving cat I have! It is important to get any cat spayed or neutered right away, not just for the obvious reasons but female cats can spray and mark just as a male does.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
IMO neutered males are more social and loving to people. Most of my females were more suspicious and territorial then any of the boys! Most males have more laid back personalities.

As long as the male and female are spayed/neutered you should be fine. The fact that you have a very nice personality female helps too. I'm sure you will do fine.

One hint - when you bring him in, expect some hissing between them. Its natural. But if you sprinkle them both with cornstarch baby powder, they will smell the same to each other. Just put a little in their fur and rub it in. Take introductions slow - don't just put them in one room and think they will be all happy. Give both a chance to check things out and have room to move

BTW just for your knowledge: Angel's a lovely little torbie (tortoiseshell tabby) and Demon is a black/white. Tho be CAREFUL what you name them!

momof3cats&kids

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Awww! Demon is a tuxedo like my Jazz! We call him Jazz The Spazz because he too can be quite a little "demon". He's my wildest cat in the house but strangely enough he's also the friendliest and most affectionate. I'm glad to see you got Angel a buddy!