Thinking about adopting another cat.......

elizwithcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WeLoveEllie

Hi everyone,

I met a woman who wants to get rid of her 1 year old himalayan (male). I am not sure how he will get along with Ellie. So I guess my question is....for those of you who had one cat and then adopted/bought another was it the best decision you made? Also since I already have a female, is it best to bring in the opposite sex? or does that not matter?

Thanks
Yes, it worked out great for me. My cats get along wonderfully well. They play and groom each other. They only hissed and growled at each other for a day or two, after that, I couldn't keep them apart. I kept a new one in a room by himself, but they tried to get to each other to play. By the way, they are both persians, just like your cat.

elizwithcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WeLoveEllie

Hi everyone,

I went to the animal shelter, and they told me they don't have a cat that fits that description. I called Leah and she told me "that's were I brought him". So either she is lying or someone at the shelter wants him.
Well, you already know this woman is not particularly honest, since she promised the cat to you, but then told you she took the cat to the shelter. Who knows what she actually did with the cat. But if she did took the cat to a shelter, and someone else actually took the cat, I don't think there is anything you can do, as once the cat is in the shelter, whoever says they want him first get the cat. But there are always other kitties you could adopt if you can't find this one.