Think we're picking up Nismo, our new kitten tonight!!!

zak&rocky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is what I did. When I got Rocky, Zakk was about 10 mos. Rocky was kept in our bedroom for a few days . Eventually we let him out and Zakk sniffed him, and they immediatley started to wrestle. No one got hurt, but we didn't let them alone together for almost a month. My kitten were introduced very slowly, esp since they had worms and fleas. They didn't get any extended visits by the other cats until they were flea treated, so they were alone for about a week. Then, while I was on the computer, Rocky would come up and whine outside. We let him in, and pretty soon he was "meowmy to the little girl and "fun big bro" to the boy. If things got too rough he was excused. Zakk would come up to check things out, but he was very growly for awhile and big on showing who was boss. A quick swat on the head, and then he would take off. If he got to mean, Rocky would defend them Now he still isn't too buddy-buddy with them, but he mostly ignores them. They have been given the run of the house for almost two weeks now, after all growls had pretty much stopped and the kits know who is boss. Your little boys should do well as he is still young!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katachtig

I think Sleeves is still young enough that they will bond quite nicely.

While all of my cats get along, they don't snuggle. But then we have the combination that most people say won't work (three females). I introduced Lucy as a kitten to Much who was 10 at the time. They will wrestle and Lucy will groom Much at dinner time. We introduced Carly last February. She's 3 and Lucy is 2 1/2. Lucy and Carly will chase one another and Lucy likes to go up and whack Carly.

I think as long as you take the introductions slowly, you will do fine. I'm excited for you. Kittens are so cute.
i have the same thing...Pixel & Cable sometimes snuggle, Cable & Java sometimes snuggle - Pixel & Java never do, i'm not sure why. Pixel & Jav sleep in the bed with me from the beginning of the night...Cable usually joins us later, after i'm asleep - who knows why? but they all get along ok, & they're all females.