Think She Is Pregnant But No Pinking!

Marydetray

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm almost positive our cat is pregnant, I noticed her belly getting bigger around October 20th and since then it has continued to grow. She has also slowly transitioned to being inside ALL the time, where before she rarely ever came in, now she rarely goes out. She inherited her when we moved into our home about 6 months ago, she was a barn cat and was pretty wild, eating mostly just what she caught, would hardly touch food set out for her, since then she has gotten used to us and is very affectionate ans like I said, in the past few weeks has transitioned to being almost exclusively indoors (which is weird for her but coukd just be because it's getting colder at night) she is also eating a lot, like 3 cans of wet food a day now and meows at me for more every time I walk by her, she nibbled on hard but doesn't really like it. All signs point to her being pregnant EXCEPT she has shown absolutely zero signs of pinking, her nipples are super hard to even find and tiny and white. At this point she is 6-7 weeks along (assuming she was at least 3 weeks when I noticed her belly) and I'm starting to worry that maybe she isn't pregnant and is sick instead. I'm going to try to upload some pictures, but has anyone else had a cat who didn't pink up until very late or even after birth?

war&wisdom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Not an expert, but it sounds like it's time for a vet visit. This would not only determine whether or not she's pregnant, but also rule out any potential health issues with her kittens (if indeed she is pregnant) and illnesses she may have picked up.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree; vet visit time. The bump doesn't look like it's in the right place for a pregnancy, and if she were pregnant you really should see some hair loss around the nipples by now. It could just be a bad case of worms or something like that.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She looks pregnant to me, but she should be vetted regardless. An x-ray will reveal what’s in her belly. She needs worming too since she lived outside and ate goodness knows what.

It’s possible she has kittens in only one horn of her uterus, but one side is usually bigger than the other in cat pregnancies.

Thanks for caring for her!

Let us know what the vet says! :)

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Also I will add to make sure she is STRICTLY indoors until she can be spayed. If she is pregnant she can get pregnant again almost right away after birth so she needs to stay inside.

British Girls

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
you might want to take her to the vet...the bump seems pretty high to me and could be worms. By now she should definitely be pinking up. Keep us updated!