Think My Cat Is Scared Of Heights?¿?

LokiNApolloMami

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So I think my BIGBOY Loki is scared of heights, my other cat loves to climb ontop of the refrigerator, I have not once seen Loki up there, I was Forsure today when I put our new cat tree up, the only time Loki went above the first or 2ND level is when I placed him higher up for a pic;).. and really most of the time he hangs out at the bottom (as shown below) or would rather be ontop the box it came in:rolleyes3:(also shown below).. maybe is it because he knows he's a "thicker" kitty and is afraid he will break something? Does anyone else's kitty have this problem?

Got the cat tree so they would get some excersize.. alot of good that is doing for the one who needs it most! Lol

Neo_23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Some cats are more land animals and some prefer up high. Cats typically also have preferences for prey. Some prefer land prey like mice and others prefer birds. I don’t think there’s anything wrong with your cat. He would just rather be down low.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

LokiNApolloMami

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Wow, I did not know that!.. that's good to know! thank you for your wisdom:thumbsup:!!!. I figured all cats love to climb, and I was starting to worry about him being depressed or something along those lines.. thank u again:D

Neo_23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The other thing is, your one cat who likes climbing the tree may have “claimed” it and your other cat may know better than to go up there. Cats like to have their own territories where they feel safe. It may just be that your one cat has claimed the tree.

LokiNApolloMami

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It could be, but theY share EVERYTHING.. Loki (ground cat) is more the bully than the other one, it still could be, it's just hard for me to see Loki not going somewhere that is Apollo's(climby cat)!

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Loki may have fell and got hurt when he was younger and is now more leery of climbing. It is more likely he just doesn't see it as much fun as Apollo does! They definitely have different personalities and likes/dislikes, as you well know!

LokiNApolloMami

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Omgosh they are different and I love it!.. before i got my cats I always thought all cats were pretty much the same, my boys and even my baby kitten have taught me so much, and IDK what I would do without any of their personalities in my life!!!:D:cloud9: