Think My Cat Is In Labor Help! First Time Grandma

Cacarrell

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello ok so my cat is in labor I think,this is her first litter and will be the only all of my cats are spayed and neutered she snuck out on us before we could get her spayed, she had been very affectionate today which she is usually reserved, I noticed her vagina is wet and she used the bathroom then drug her bottom in the floor, this happened an hour ago. I have her in her birthing box in my closet and I’m loving all over her, she is uncomftorable and moving a lot then laying down, she wants her tummy rubbed a lot, how will I know when she loses her mucus plug?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Cacarrell

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have read all of these things they don’t really help, I’m just curious about the mucus plug, and do they just leak out fluid for a while then the mucus plug passes, I’m just not finding anything about that

Cacarrell

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
When she is having a contraction does it look like she is pushing, or is she really pushing lol

Cacarrell

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She’s only been pushing on and off since 8:00, she is making wheezing noises when she pushes and looks up at me after each push

Cacarrell

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We have a 3rd black and white baby and one is latching the other is having a time

Cacarrell

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
They are all great eaters and momma is a natural! Best momma ever, momma wants lots of lovin’ today though haha and boy have I given her some for her good work yesterday! She deserves it, the kittens are just beautiful