Things You Would NEVER Do In Public!

ccoccocats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There are certain things that I just won't do in public and was wondering what some of your 'hang-ups' are.

Mine are: I never blow my nose in public

And I never, ever, eat corn-on-the-cob in public (I feel like all the corn gets stuck in my teeth and I wouldn't be able to smile or talk

If I think of more, I'll share them as we go along. I can't wait to hear everyone's so I know I'm not the only one with these little quirks!

talon

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Somebody is going to say it, so I will.

I don't like to poo in public restrooms.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ccoccocats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Alright I thought of another one, but, I'm positive you will all make fun of it. Here goes:

Call me old-fashioned, or crazy, but I would NEVER wear a bathing suit in public. I think it's like walking around with just your underwear on.

And for those who may be thinking I'm overweight, I'm not. I'm slim with a decent figure. I just think being dressed like that should be behind closed doors.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL! Yes, I agree with most of those (all except the corn on the cob). Although I will wear a swimsuit at a pool, I can't bring myself to wear leggings in public! When I was in San Clemente (so. CA), I got into a tiff with my sis's friends because I consider them to be long underwear! Ditto for those super tight work-out clothes- women down there would wear them in the grocery store, just everywhere in public (except maybe church). Guess I'm just old-fashioned, too! Or maybe just aware of the local culture - some of these good ol' boys take that revealing kind a attire an advertisement of sorts. And as my mom would say, "If you don't want moths circling around, don't leave the lights on!"

ttmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I dislike public restrooms and I HATE blowing my nose in public or crying in public. I also don't like getting mad in public. Although I will talk to myself in public, maybe I'm just weird, eh?

22angel

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I would never:

wear my pajamas to the store/downtown! I know lots of kids/college kids do it, but really, it bothers me. Get out of those pajamas and put some decent clothes on! That's why they are made, and why you probably have them in your closet! I mean, I stay in my pajamas (most days) until I have to get ready for work, but I don't wear them uptown! I may go out the door to start the car or whatever but I don't wear them any where else!

I hate it when ppl start talking on their phones while in a line and you need them to finish what they are in line for. So I would never do that.

I think that's all I can think of for now. I'll probably think of some later.....

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't like it when people kiss in public. By all means - have a little peck, hold hands, arms around each other - any display of affection is quite lovely. But I'm talking about suck-face-get-a-room type kissing. Totally unnecessary, off-putting and gross.

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would never pick my nose in public or spit in public.
I would never retouch my make up or comb my hair except in the rest room.
I would never touch the handrail of an escalator or a balcony unless I'm wearing gloves

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by yayi

I would never touch the handrail of an escalator or a balcony unless I'm wearing gloves
Lol! I would fall over if I did that I wear 4-inch stilettoes everywhere I go

Are you also one of those people that won't sit on a public toilet seat, either, unless it has paper or one of those special covers on it?

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's a crack-up how many of you say you wouldn't blow your nose in public. I don't mind blowing - I just always make sure there's something I can have a quick look in to check I haven't left any gooblies behind...ewwww

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Talon

Somebody is going to say it, so I will.

I don't like to poo in public restrooms.
Oh me as well!!!!!, not even at work!.

And i'm the same with kissing full on in public as well!. Ew if theres a young couple on the train doing it you can hear everything!!. I don't need that at 7.45.a.m. going to work thanks!.

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by KitEKats4Eva!

Are you also one of those people that won't sit on a public toilet seat, either, unless it has paper or one of those special covers on it?
I won't sit period.

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by rosiemac

And i'm the same with kissing full on in public as well!. Ew if theres a young couple on the train doing it you can hear everything!!. I don't need that at 7.45.a.m. going to work thanks!.

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by yayi

I won't sit period.
I have a friend like that, Jules. We actually all call her `Julie doesn't like it' cos of her many hang-ups!

We all went on a big girly trip to Koh Samui in Thailand a few years ago. Now, I am not one who gets overly paranoid (I was in the army and the toilet situations there are NOT special, let me tell you) but the toilets on a remote little island in the middle of nowhere certainly leave a lot to be desired.

On one morning in particular we went and did some sightseeing and the first stop was a beautiful place called `Waterfall Number One' (there are two on the island). It was stunning and we were all about to hop in for a swim when I got THE URGE. One of my girlfriends said - `don't worry, just pee in the water it's not stagnant' but unfortunately for me it was not THAT urge. It was the OTHER urge. And also unfortunately for me I am not one of those who is able to hang on all day either. When I need to go I need to go within, like, 20 minutes. Jules can hang on all day if she has to - she doesn't poo anywhere but her own bathroom. But on this occasion she had to go as well. So we made our way to the `public toilets' at the site, dreading what we might find.

When we got there, a little old Thai lady was sitting out the front with a roll of toilet paper - selling it to tourists. So we paid and she tore off one square piece for each of us!! Anyway, when we went in what a sight met our eyes. There were actual toilet bowls there but they were inset into the ground (so you had to squat down) and for a flush there was a bucket of dirty water in the corner and a trowel. I really, truly thought Julie was going to pass out. EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!! Nowhere to wash your hands or anything.

I must say that experience did leave me somewhat squeamish and I certainly did not miss that part of the holiday after arriving home!!!

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Extreme public displays of affection are a no-no.

I will not adjust my bra or underwear in public. (It annoys me to see men rearranging themselves in public.)

Scratching any body part, covered by clothing.

Blowing one's nose, at the table in a restaurant.

ccoccocats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I have a friend like that, Jules. We actually all call her `Julie doesn't like it' cos of her many hang-ups!

We all went on a big girly trip to Koh Samui in Thailand a few years ago. Now, I am not one who gets overly paranoid (I was in the army and the toilet situations there are NOT special, let me tell you) but the toilets on a remote little island in the middle of nowhere certainly leave a lot to be desired.

On one morning in particular we went and did some sightseeing and the first stop was a beautiful place called `Waterfall Number One' (there are two on the island). It was stunning and we were all about to hop in for a swim when I got THE URGE. One of my girlfriends said - `don't worry, just pee in the water it's not stagnant' but unfortunately for me it was not THAT urge. It was the OTHER urge. And also unfortunately for me I am not one of those who is able to hang on all day either. When I need to go I need to go within, like, 20 minutes. Jules can hang on all day if she has to - she doesn't poo anywhere but her own bathroom. But on this occasion she had to go as well. So we made our way to the `public toilets' at the site, dreading what we might find.

When we got there, a little old Thai lady was sitting out the front with a roll of toilet paper - selling it to tourists. So we paid and she tore off one square piece for each of us!! Anyway, when we went in what a sight met our eyes. There were actual toilet bowls there but they were inset into the ground (so you had to squat down) and for a flush there was a bucket of dirty water in the corner and a trowel. I really, truly thought Julie was going to pass out. EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!! Nowhere to wash your hands or anything.

I must say that experience did leave me somewhat squeamish and I certainly did not miss that part of the holiday after arriving home!!!
I'm putting this crying face
because I literally was crying from laughing at this story.
It just struck me so funny! Thanks.

ccoccocats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't seem to sneeze in public. When I feel like sneezing and someone looks at me, for some reason, the sneeze don't come out!

katspixiedust

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm the same way about so many of these things! I'll never sit in a public restroom...no matter what. I won't even sit on my boyfriend's toilet (but that's just because he shares it with another, dirtier boy)! I also won't blow my nose in public. Hmm...I'm not too keen on eating corn in public either. I'll never smile if I do!

I will wear bathing suits however. I grew up in a small beach town with a beach town mentality. "No shirt, no shoes, no problem." So, I feel very comfortable in a bathing suit (not to mention that I worked at a bikini store for 4 years as well).

I think I have a lot of weird hang-ups. I'm sure more will come to me.

rachelh1018

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

Oh yuck!! I will NOT sit on the toliet unless it has that paper cover thingy or toliet paper, and if worse comes to worse... I'll squat and not sit on it at all!!! I also will NOT touch the faucet handles or the bathroom door handles. I knew it was gross before, but after taking microbiology last semester....
We were able to culture anything and I cultured the inside of the bathroom door handle...and what did I find?? E. coli!!!!!!

shimmer

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I don't like using public restrooms unless i REALLY have to

And I wont answer my mobile (cell) phone in public either, I hate the thought of everyone listening!