Things non-"cat people" dont get

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Things non-cat people don't understand is the high honor of waking up and having a bed covered in feather toys, furry mice, and crinkle balls.

Giving up a cup on your bedside table as an extra water dish.

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Non cat people don't understand that the cat would rather drink water from your glass than his bowl. They also don't understand that when he does it, we think it's cute and say 'quick, he's doing it again - go get the camera'

They don't understand that the most comfortable chair is not our chair, if we sit there we are simply warming it up for the cat.

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Non-cat people will come to your house at christmas and think you have ten kids because you have stockings up for all the cats too.......they don't understand this

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My neighbors don't understand that when my husband and I come home from a day out one of us must assume the catchers position, and the other unlock the door. The gray kitty who's rent we pay likes to dash out into the hall way and climb the carpeted walls.

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

My neighbors don't understand that when my husband and I come home from a day out one of us must assume the catchers position, and the other unlock the door. The gray kitty who's rent we pay likes to dash out into the hall way and climb the carpeted walls.
I can see him doing this too!

skippymjp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Epona

Non cat people don't understand that the cat would rather drink water from your glass than his bowl. They also don't understand that when he does it, we think it's cute and say 'quick, he's doing it again - go get the camera'
On the same note, a non-cat person would immediately try to get a cat down that was climbing the curtains, instead of grabbing the camera and laughing at the look on his face......

Skimbleshanks on a bug hunt

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momofmany

But I have to ask: when you are both catlapped and both want something at the same time, do you argue about who is more catlapped?
No, we just suffer until one cat or the other decides to have a snack or bathroom break.

Originally Posted by AsecretK

\tNon cat people just don't understand the joy of the head butt. I mean really what other animal head butts as a sign of love?
My mother is not a cat person and one time, she ended up with Carly on her lap. Carly give the best head butts. She will just lean into you and hold it. My mother had the weirdest look on her face when Carly gave her a head butt. I had to assure her that it was a sign of affection.

salix

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Non-cat people don't get that every chirp, purr, growl, gesture and facial expression means something different

They also don't get that our cats "take care" of us when we're sick or sad.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They also don't get it that these furry things are just another member of the family.

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gemlady

They also don't get it that these furry things are just another member of the family.
That is so true and that they are like your children.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That you couldn't possibly do a crossword puzzle without kitty laying on the paper so you have to move little body parts to read the clues.

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

That you couldn't possibly do a crossword puzzle without kitty laying on the paper so you have to move little body parts to read the clues.
It keeps you from looking to the back of the book for the answers so its more challenging.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Non-cat people also do not get the difference between "aloof" and "discerning" -- the former being their assessment of cats, the latter being the reality.