They're building our sandbag flood dike today

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lots of noise coming from the parking lot today. They've moved the recycle bins and the trash bins. I see a tow truck towing a few cars where the owners/tenants hadn't moved them as instructed. And I just heard a dump truck.

Not sure what their hurry is this year! Every year before they waited until the water was flooding into the parking lot (seriously!) before even getting bags delivered! From my bird's eye view, the water is still a good 15 to 20 feet from the parking lot.

I will give them extra credit for having moved the recycle/trash bins before building the dike! There have been years where they left them and built the dike so that the bins were between the water and the dike, and the dike was between us and the bins!

sk_pacer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The hurry is this: small feeder creeks never froze this winter and are still running and growing by the day. I noticed they let water out of the Souris sometime in the past two weeks as well, it was way down compared to two weeks ago and, nope, it never froze over properly either on this end of it. I am betting that the next time I make it to the city, it is giong to be way up. This whole river system is going to overlflow, and I bet the spillway for the Red is going to overflow this year too.