They closed the interstate!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've got more of that "drift" on the deck! It's now taller than I am...

This drift in the middle of the deck we're guessing is at least 5'

Look at the pile between the swing & the house!

And it isn't really snowing that hard! It's not letting up any, either, though!

So, ND is getting nailed as well? We're supposedly right in the "epicenter" of this storm...they're saying south cetral(I'm on the very edge) could get 12-20" outta this by 6pm tomorrow....

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by catsRNmom

Look at the ??swing?? wow, simply wow!!
Yeah....that's a swing!

I'm signing off now...the power's been on & off(comes right back on) 3x now...I imagine that's not good for the computer! Hopefully the power stays on...cuz we're all out of batteries from last night.

mulenag

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yeh, I can't believe how much snow we have out there! I'm in the eastern/central part of ND (north of Jamestown) and it started early yesterday here. It's supposed to continue through tomorrow too. I went snowmobiling earlier today and even that thing was having a tough time with all this fresh powder!

Your swing is buried! Wow!

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The storm has hit Ontario - it started about 5pm here, which is east of Toronto (about 1.5 to 2 hrs east, depending on traffic). Anyway, within 10 minutes my car was blanketed. It's coming down really heavy - expecting about 25 cm before it turns to ice pellets and then to freezing rain by morning. Heavy winds to go with it, so it should be fun going to work tomorrow - I have about 1/2 hour drive in good weather. They are calling for it to change to rain in the afternoon, so it sounds like we're going to get a real mix!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wasn't on all afternoon cause the power 1st went off at 12:40 then came back off and went back off at about 1 pm and back on then two more times then I had no power from 1:20 for about 3 hours. I was stoking the wood stove alot!! The funny thing was that it was only windy no precip!! But I called Neil around 3 to ask if he was going to gym after work (yes he did). It started rain/sleet around 4:30 and should be turning to snow very soon. Very windy though the wind gusts have been around 33-33 mph. Not too much snow (yet).
Simply lovely!!!!

Mom and Dad live in central WI she said it was snowing so hard she couldn't see out of the windows!!

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
SIL came over around 8pm to work on the kitchen cupboards and he said the roads are terrible! Oh Lord - hope it clears up before morning, but it doesn't sound like it.

mom2salemisis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Orig. from Texas.. Currently in Minnesota (again)
Originally Posted by white cat lover

There is ice on the road/ground, then about 1-2" of snow. It's getting ugly, so they closed the Interstate right by me. You can't tell where the gravel road is & where the ditch is. There's people in the ditch on our gravel road(neighbors). If it gets any worse, they might close the highway near us. We lost power at 6:15 last night & got it back at 12:20 this morning. The entire time the dogs spent cowering in a chair or in a corner.

Yet....where's my snow!?!?!
It's working on falling, but its coming mighty snow.
if you come to spicer we have about 2 + feet of snow and getting more lol my dh is stuck in willmar cause the highway is closed

omg! the snow just fell off of the roof on to the back porch it sounded like someone ran into the shed out back with a truck scared the crap out of me and cheyenne

good thing i have the next 3 days off!!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I measured the snow close to the house....13". The farther away I got...it got up to my knees(I'm 5' 8" tall). My big dog, 95 lbs, walked way out in the snow & then stood there whining for me to come get her. She would not budge. Looks like I have to go scoop a path for Ms Priss so she can go take a dump in the morning.

mom2salemisis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Orig. from Texas.. Currently in Minnesota (again)

I measured the snow close to the house....13". The farther away I got...it got up to my knees(I'm 5' 8" tall). My big dog, 95 lbs, walked way out in the snow & then stood there whining for me to come get her. She would not budge. Looks like I have to go scoop a path for Ms Priss so she can go take a dump in the morning.
poor (big) baby she does need a path
. we woke up this morning and the drift in front of the door comes up to my knees. the snow outside comes up to the bottom of the front window (about 4 feet)
. fun fun we got another snow day cheyenne is excited

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Its still snowing today-real light and fine stuff. Not too bad in the driveway-it won't get cleared until tonite though. One of the local TV stations did talk about snow on your roof and that it should be cleared off due to the weight. My garden shed had metal stepp pitched roof, that's ok-the workshop has a gambrel roof and that's ok-out house has one area that needs cleaning-however no roof rake so I will have to improvise somehow!!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We got another 5-7 inches last night.... so that puts us up to the 40 inch mark.

Natalie- I talked to my mom this morning and she said that 15 was a MESS this morning- my dad couldn't even get to work!! She said everything is closed- how crappy!!!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I believe the governor closed all government offices today. They opened the interstate about 2 hours ago, too. Me...I'm not going anywhere for awhile....I really need out of the house, though. I'm starting to go nuts. I should've rented some blasted movies!

40 inches!
I bet your good for the rest of winter, eh?
At least it will be upper 30s later this week so some will melt...

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I tried to shovel some of the snow drift off the garage but now I can't reach anymore until I get out the taller ladder and I'm not going to be standing on it outside by myself (the snow is very wet and heavy!!) Still snowing here but its really fine and no wind and it 33F outside. The WIAA did cancel a bunch of girls and boys basketball sectional and regional games last night. Team wrestling and girls and boys state hockey tournies are supposed to be this weekend so I haven't heard what's up with them yet!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I believe the governor closed all government offices today. They opened the interstate about 2 hours ago, too. Me...I'm not going anywhere for awhile....I really need out of the house, though. I'm starting to go nuts. I should've rented some blasted movies!

40 inches!
I bet your good for the rest of winter, eh?
At least it will be upper 30s later this week so some will melt...
Yeah... I'm set for snow for the winter. Bring on spring

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

I tried to shovel some of the snow drift off the garage but now I can't reach anymore until I get out the taller ladder and I'm not going to be standing on it outside by myself (the snow is very wet and heavy!!) Still snowing here but its really fine and no wind and it 33F outside. The WIAA did cancel a bunch of girls and boys basketball sectional and regional games last night. Team wrestling and girls and boys state hockey tournies are supposed to be this weekend so I haven't heard what's up with them yet!
It's windy here. We were in a blizzard warning until 6pm tonight because of the wind blowing the snow, but they extended the blizzard warning until 6am tomorrow!