These Gas Prices are CRAZY!!

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really am fortunate to live where I do. I sometimes forget that in the day-to-day struggle
This weekend, I can go to the Oregon Zoo, OMSI, Forest Park - I cna get almost anywhere in the metro area with my school bus pass. So think I will do this zoo this weekend if I have any cash left over. Maybe I'll take a photo good enough to post in the "photography" thread

Checked gas at station across the street from us, Arco is $3.35

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I live in a rural area, so I drive everywhere. And it cost $40 to fill up the Impala back when gas was @.75-ish about 4 days ago.
Between two dually crew cabs, the Impala, Grand Am, & full size van, we probably spend more on gas in a month than we do on a hosue payment!!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Anybody for $1.19 -$1.27 a litre? That's what I'm looking at, unless I want to burn a bunch of gas chasing a (slightly) lower price. Not looking forward to the next fill-up -- fortunately it's a few days away -- maybe I'll get lucky and hit a blip on the right day. That of course is for regular. Sheba prefers mid-grade.

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The prices here are $1.12. I remember in the old days when gas was sixty cents...

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's $3.39 here. So glad I never drive, except that I'm going to have to start commuting to my teaching job 3 days a week this summer

Seriously happy that I live in a place where I can take the bus or the El or ride my bike everywhere I need to be. And I never thought I'd say this, but thank goodness for old lady grocery carts so I can walk to the grocery store!

It won't keep rising, though. The gas prices are artificial, actually, meaning they're not really controlled directly by supply and demand, they're controlled by foreign countries and the cartel and Big Oil. They released a report last week in which crude oil supplies are fine, normal, but the refined oil supply is slightly down, so they can artifically raise the prices AND justify it in the mind of most clueless Americans. Also, places like Saudi Arabia like to slowly riase the prices until we start complaning and claiming that we're going to become energy-independent (yeah...right), then they drop the prices, keep up quiet for awhile, then raise them again.

So no, they won't keep rising. At least not consistently. And we'll keep being duped by Oil Execs and the Mideast Royalty they're figuratively in bed with.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
TiffanyL;1757952 said:
I'm sure our gas prices in South Carolina are lower than some. I filled up at $2.79 this morning, but I hear that it is just going to keep rising during the summer! I have to cut down on my driving on weekends because it sure is cutting into my wallet. I filled up a 12 gallon tank for $35. That's rediculous! What are your gas prices right now?
Are these high prices just in the US?[/
quote]

I travel to Europe frequently and have to pay 6 to 7 dollars a gallon for gas. When I get back to the U.S., I am so happy to be where gas is SO CHEAP!!

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's $3.27 a gallon here today. I whined last week when I filled up at $2.79/gal. Sure looks like the tourist trade will be suffering this coming Memorial Day weekend. Almost glad that I will be stuck in town on call.

ilovemykitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
i don't have a car but i still care about gas prices. it is around $3.35 a gallon here in Eugene, OR. it's highway robbery

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ILoveMyKitty

i don't have a car but i still care about gas prices. it is around $3.35 a gallon here in Eugene, OR. it's highway robbery
I'm up here in Portland - I agree. The people I really feel for are not those in cities who do have transportation options (even if they don't care for them) but those in rural areas and people on many reservations who are so terribly poor to begin with.

The gas hikes don't really hurt those who can afford it, they hurt those who cannot.

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The last time I got gas was this past Monday. It was $3.59 a gallon. I don't know if it's gone up in this past week.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
no kidding!! you know what helps though? a bottle of white zinfindale
it's around $2.85-88 here/ gal. for now. tomorrow it'll probably be 3

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Regular is still mostly under $3 here. That won't last long. I just paid $2.92 on the way home from work today.

I have a 20 mile commute and DH has an 8 mile commute. He has the hybrid and we're about to swap cars. Thank heavens we bought a hybrid last year (he gets about 50 mpg). I'm curious what the waiting list is for hybrids these days.

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i'm on the boarder of iowa and illinois. it was $2.89 when i filled up monday. i'm kind of afraid to see what it will be next time. and i don't buy a particular grade, just whatever's cheapest.
around here the middle grade is usually cheapest.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tiffanyl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I did find one place that was $1.71 this weekend, too bad my tank was already full.