Thermal Beds Vs Electric Heated Pet Beds

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How do thermal beds measure up to electric pet beds? i have an electric one for Kitty. Im debating on what to buy for Elsa.

I live in Miami so the cats rarely need the beds. but a few months out of the year, i am incredibly happy to have a warm bed for Kitty.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I had one of each some years back for my senior Siamese. She love, love loved the electric heated bed and spent most of her time there. Hers was supposed to shut off when she wasn’t in it but after a couple of years is malfunctioned and stayed on all the time so I started unplugging it while I was at work. That is when I got the thermal self heating bed for her. She didn’t seem to like it as much as her electric bed and honestly I couldn’t feel any warmth on my hand when I touched it but it definitely was safer. I think it might be right for a climate like yours where you need some addition warmth but not necessarily heat.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had one of each some years back for my senior Siamese. She love, love loved the electric heated bed and spent most of her time there. Hers was supposed to shut off when she wasn’t in it but after a couple of years is malfunctioned and stayed on all the time so I started unplugging it while I was at work. That is when I got the thermal self heating bed for her. She didn’t seem to like it as much as her electric bed and honestly I couldn’t feel any warmth on my hand when I touched it but it definitely was safer. I think it might be right for a climate like yours where you need some addition warmth but not necessarily heat.
Thank you!

From what ive seen the thermal beds arent that expensive so i might get her one of each. =) I think my electric pet bed has lasted me years because i only connect it during cold nights.