There's no place like home... for Dorothy!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much for all your good wishes! S.F. says Zsa Zsa seemed perfectly content in her private room last night (the study), used her litterbox without incident, and even enjoyed some of Murray's special anti-crystal food! (That's okay for her, right?)

Murray, on the other hand, stood watch outside Zsa Zsa's door all night long, protecting S.F. from the alien intruder.

The smell-exchanges and blanket-under-the-door introduction techniques have begun, and all seems well. And in a couple of weeks, when everyone has settled in, I'm going to be invited to visit!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

And in a couple of weeks, when everyone has settled in, I'm going to be invited to visit!
& you'll take
for us to see, right?

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am glad she seems to be settling. Hopefully Murray takes a shine to her!

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Auntie Em!! Auntie Em!! I've found a home
and they are calling me Zsa Zsa now!

You know what's funny about this Carol? My DH and I moved from a high rise apartment in the city to a little farmette in the country when we first were married. We joked for years that we lived on "Green Acres", which made me Zsa Zsa. Then we move up to Kansas and I took on the business name Auntie Em and make constant Dorothy and Toto jokes. You are right, there's no place like home!!

I will be rooting for this girl - she's nearly a namesake to me on a few counts!!

Way to go!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Calico -- yes, Murray used to have a companion, but he passed away a couple of months ago... so I think Murray will accept his new friend eventually. Let's just hope Zsa Zsa accepts him!
I don't think she was on the street for long, but there are some unneutered males wandering the neighborhood, and I'm sure she learned to be wary. Surely she'll realize that Murray is no longer a macho man, hm?

Laureen -- yes ma'am, the camera will go with me for sure! I can hardly wait to meet Murray -- he's a two-year-old orange tabby, S.F. says. A full photo report will be made, I promise!

Amy -- that's so funny! I'd been thinking there was no logic at all to going from Dorothy (which is my mom's name) to Zsa Zsa -- but you've just provided some! I'll have to tell S.F. about that, and about the remaining Auntie Em goodies for sale, too.

And thank you all for your kind words... I didn't do much, really, just tried to keep watch over my girl, and pitched a gentle fit when it was called for.
By the way, I've talked with J.B. and thanked her mightily for making the adoption happen -- she was very nice, and I'm really glad to "know" her now. It may make it easier for me to work on future problems. (I was going to get down there today with a little present, but it will have to wait for Monday -- with all this rain, we have a big erosion problem in the side yard, and I've got to go tackle it in a bit.)