There were strangers in my apartment...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:censor::censor::censor::censor:. The landlord just called and there are going to be people coming through my place everyday this week between 11 and 6:30pm, and she said that the place would probably sell in the next week. I don't know why, but I am really emotional about it now..I don't want some strange new landlord living upstairs

And strange people coming through everyday when I'm not home..I am getting really stressed about it now..Poor Trout

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

:censor::censor::censor::censor:. The landlord just called and there are going to be people coming through my place everyday this week between 11 and 6:30pm, and she said that the place would probably sell in the next week. I don't know why, but I am really emotional about it now..I don't want some strange new landlord living upstairs

And strange people coming through everyday when I'm not home..I am getting really stressed about it now..Poor Trout
Sending prayers and hugs from Mississippi for you and for Trout, I would put up a note or something though telling them to be careful of Trout. Just so they don't accidently let him out.

februa

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well the good news is, if the house sells next week, you only have to deal with this for one week!
Id feel a little dicey re: a new landlord too, but maybe youll actually get an improvement!
Heres hoping trout doesnt get too scared!

gailuvscats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't imagine the real estate person to tell people to take off their shoes before they walk on your floors. Can you put a rug out front for them to wipe their feet on? I would be concerned about the cat getting out.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gailuvscats

I can't imagine the real estate person to tell people to take off their shoes before they walk on your floors. Can you put a rug out front for them to wipe their feet on? I would be concerned about the cat getting out.
Trout is too scared of strangers, she won't run past them to get outside. But I feel bad that she will be scared all week. This is not fair..I don't want a new landlord..The guys I saw looking at it today looked shady too

gailuvscats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You might not get a new landlord or asked to move. Often duplexes are purchased for investment. If the present owner lives upstairs, the new owner may or may not move in there depending on their family situation. Whoever it is will want to keep you since it doesn't pay to buy an investment property and end up with an empty apartment that will have to be spruced up, and advertised. Not good for the cash flow.

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aw hun, that sux! Poor lil Troutie
We went through the same thing with prospective buyers not removing their shoes when we put our home up for sale year before last. Thing that was terrible is that we had ALL the carpeting upstairs replaced beforehand!!!! It was brand-stinkin' new and it said so in the MLS listing...anyway...they trudged stuff all over the upstairs the first time it was shown...
I had to get in there and clean up! I made a nice, polite notice to put at the bottom of the stairs but the hubby said it wasn't a good idea (I still have no idea why he insisted). Anyway...we just put a ''cut piece of new carpeting'' at the bottom of the stairs for them to wipe their feet...or leave their shoes there. I'm not sure how or why but it seemed to work...we never had that problem afterwards. For you though, I suggest you put a 'nice & polite' notice on the front door explaining about sweet Trout and ask if they can remove their shoes upon entering. When we were out looking for a home to buy, we always removed our shoes...our realtor would always take his off first. There were several homes that we looked at where they had handwritten a simple note and scotch-taped it on or by the front door asking us to please remove our shoes. One place even provided a basket by the front door with little slip on thingies (like what doctors were in the operating room) for us to slip on over our shoes...which we did! That was cool and I didn't mind it one bit...none of us did...they had lovely carpets!

Ok...good luck with it dear...I'm sending good thoughts & big kisses & Hilda-hugs for you & sweet Trout that the two of you get through this ok...

Hilda >^..^<

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww, I can totally relate
...same thing at my place, but I have made it clear to the landlord and the selling agent - in no uncertain terms -that there is to be NO ENTRY unless I am in the apartment when they show it. I have that right, fortunately.

I've been living like I live in a hotel for the last 6 months - except no one comes from housekeeping to clean it for me. I've never had such a clean apartment!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

Awww, I can totally relate
...same thing at my place, but I have made it clear to the landlord and the selling agent - in no uncertain terms -that there is to be NO ENTRY unless I am in the apartment when they show it. I have that right, fortunately.

I've been living like I live in a hotel for the last 6 months - except no one comes from housekeeping to clean it for me. I've never had such a clean apartment!
I am thinking of not keeping it clean, just so it won't sell

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Woooow, they sure respect the house!
This is Canada! Nobody wears shoes indoors, especially if its muddy/snowy out.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The surprise for today was...the laundry room door was wide open. That is the room where all the paint/poison/dangerous areas for Trout to wander is

I called the landlord right away and gave her crap and told her that she better tell that :censor::censor::censor::censor::censor::censor::censor: real estate guy to close that door!! There are so many awful things that Trout can get into back there..OMG I am so mad. What is so hard about leaving things the way they were when you got there?

People have no respect.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OMG!!!
I understand that you're stupid, but have respect people! Nat, put signs out that say "close this door" or big red letters!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

OMG!!!
I understand that you're stupid, but have respect people! Nat, put signs out that say "close this door" or big red letters!
Thats a good idea Nat, thanks!

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awful, just awful Nat. Yep, you'd best put up signs all over the place. I guess these people lookin' at your place are just plain ol' doofusses!

Hilda>^..^<