There Is Something Wrong With My Cat 's Legs

viktorpetrov

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So I finished homework and went to use my pc.. My cat was completely fine and there were no signs of something bad. These days she doesn't really eat a lot. So when my parents came home the cat was chilling in the living room on the carpet. I pet her a few times and i had dinner.
After that again i was going to play on my pc but my cat was laying down on a carpet and her back legs were up and her butt was lifted too. I think its the back legs, we then looked at her for any wounds but we didn't see any. Now as im typing there probably in our vet 's office.
Please tell me is it going to be fatal and what is it. (The vet is probably going to give them advice but i want other advice from here.. I had two cats.. long time ago . their names were Leo and Lucky.. Lucky they poisoned (and im still looking for the person and im going to beat him up when i find him) And Leo suffered from some king of disease llike 6 month after lucky died.
His puples were very very big.. and 8 month later... he died.
Two years or more i was without any pet
Then i got all the money i had and begged my dad to get it ..
Finally i got this kitty here. And if something happens to her... well im going to be hellishly deppresed.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's in heat! That's the butt dance that they do, they crouch down and lift their butt in the air. Are you going to get her spayed? How old is she?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

viktorpetrov

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She is almost 1 year old, and no we're not going to spay her... She is like meow (distorted meows) and more and more and she rolls she lifts her butt

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She will do that pretty much constantly if you don't have her spayed. It's not very healthy to let her go through that for too long. It would be a good idea to talk about your options with the vet.

viktorpetrov

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes i want kittens

viktorpetrov

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
hmm do i have a option not to spay her and have her normal?

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You can't not spaying her and have her normal.
Her heats will go on and on until she mates. Every heat is a hormonal storm in her body and in the long term this could lead to cancers.
Are you ready to deal with many kittens, up to 4-6 kittens? Are you going to keep them all? Two months after giving birth to the kittens, the mom will be in heat again, with the same hormonal storm and the same chance to have many kittens.
What will you do when your house will have dozens kittens?

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfortunately this IS normal for an adult female cat :/. Spaying is best for disease prevention and stable behavior. But in some countries (most US vets don't like to use hormones), vets will give birth-control injections that will keep her from going into heat for a while. It's not healthy to use hormones for too long. But that could be an option for you. Definitely discuss it with the vet.

viktorpetrov

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Today she was a lot better she acted normal and didnt meow like a broken fridge,

viktorpetrov

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes i can handle 8 kitties even, and she seems to be better

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is better because the heat is a cycle. It's about 5 days on and a week off.
I expect she'll be acting "weird" again before next weekend.

Keep in mind that the 8 kitties might be all female and each of them will give birth to more kittens.
Next year this time you could have 40 kitties in your house!

viktorpetrov

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Well i have a plan and it is to mate her keep 1 kitty and sell or gift to friends and people

KatKnapper

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This is the calm before the "perfect storm." You could also find yourself with troubles outdoors, as she could start attracting neighborhood cats with their noises, the spraying and fighting (and could possibly bring FIV to your door). You should read up on how life can be living with a unspayed feline. I've done some of the homework for you. I happened upon this article just now. This guy doesn't hold back the punches. A good read and something to think about. Is It Always the Right Thing to Spay or Neuter a Cat? | Catster (by Veterinarian Dr. Eric Barchas)

"FIV is often called the “fighting catdisease as it is commonly spread from cat to cat by fighting (specifically, by biting and scratching). Feline immunodeficiency virus (FIV) and Feline leukemia (FeLV) are among the most common infectious diseases in cats. FIV is nothing to meow about!" - Pet Health Network

viktorpetrov

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ow god... i have to explain everything again?
My cat is 11 months, she is in heat now shes fine, she is a home cat and i will never let her go out, and my mum 's friend has a persian male cat

viktorpetrov

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
she got in heat again but now she is fine

ArchyCat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Un-spayed female cats run a higher risk for ovarian cancer if they do not bred. Or so I have been told.

viktorpetrov

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Well my vet got my cat some pills to help her but he didn't say nothing about cancer?