There is a light at the end of the tunnel...(could use some support tho)

karmasmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
All I can say is wow, you have been through alot in the last few years. I really hope the surgery helps and you are able to do some things for yourself again.
You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Many vibes and hugs your way.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good luck on your upcoming surgery-I hope you don't have to wait that long!

As someone who has carpal tunnel and I also can cause myself to get tendenitis in my left elbow due to overuse from landscaping I though I knew how bad my temporary pain is.

But to have constant pain and a limited range of motion and inability to perform the simplest of tasks...well I applaud you for handling it so well.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
for all the support

It certainly does help, especially on days like today (not a good day). It does help lift the spirits, and keep me from falling into the "why me pity stage".

I was still sore from the dr visit, then the weather went screwy. Thurs. was like -20, Friday was -6 or so, and today we're in the + single digits. YUCK, and OUCH. My left hand is so inflammed that I my fingers are stuck in a curled position and my wrist won't flex. Blah.

Honestly, and yes ok, I posted to get some attention amongst other reasons (was hoping someone had the surgery, or has gone through similiar and can relate, etc).... moreso attention meaning support. I don't have it much at home. My husband, bless him, has been great. 2yrs of tending to me....2yrs of not having his wife around... I'm proud when I can actually cook a meal instead of throwing chicken nuggets and fries on a pan... But its taken his toll on him. He knows when I'm having an awful day, but he doesn't really "support" me persay. It's become the usual now. The support has disappeared for the commonality of all of it. (hope that makes sense)

I wish I had the money/points to give you all a gift because I really hope you realise how much support is appreciated. Thank you.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
You've certainly been through a lot. I don't have any experience with the surgery you mentioned, but I really wish you the best for it.