There Here!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Since he was a calico, I'm willing to bet its the same one (I believe it was sometime in the 1980's). He was also a breeding male which is even rarer. However, he only threw the black - not the red. He was tested to see which one he was and it turned out black. Male calicos can only throw one of the colors - not both like in their sisters.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittypaws

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thats interesting but were really going off topic.

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hey there...glad that everything is going ok. Now would be the perfect time to schedule Faith's spay appt. for when the kittens are between 10-12 weeks of age.

Katie

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Since he was a calico, I'm willing to bet its the same one (I believe it was sometime in the 1980's). He was also a breeding male which is even rarer. However, he only threw the black - not the red. He was tested to see which one he was and it turned out black. Male calicos can only throw one of the colors - not both like in their sisters.
I only posted the picture so I lost the web site it came from, I have no idea now of whether he was a breeder or not, just a picture of him is all I have (and it took me an hour of searching my old posts to find it,)

kittypaws

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Were loosing site off the main subject which is MY newborn KITTENS? Has anybody forgot? I think its nice to spread information but now your just kind of ticking me off...

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am sorry to take away from your new kittens! Congrads on them!
But, it was sort of on the topic of you and calicos, and the "many males" you have stated having, so it was on the topic. We were all trying to let you know they are VERY rare, in fact the picture I posted and the one GK45 mentioned were the same (the only male calico Cornish Rex recorded, atleast at that time)

Again, sorry about interupting your thread. Congrats to you and faith on the new babies! Good luck and have fun with them.

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittyPaws

Were loosing site off the main subject which is MY newborn KITTENS? Has anybody forgot? I think its nice to spread information but now your just kind of ticking me off...
Kittypaws...I can appreciate that the conversation regarding calicos is a bit offtopic and I'm sure that topic will now finish.

I'm sure you already have been doing this, but please make sure that Lily and Faith are kept seperate at this point forward so that there is no chance of anything transmitting between them or their litters.

Katie

kittypaws

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
There split between bedrooms she is in her own bed room with the kittens. While everybody else sleeps with me, or they will sleep in the living room