there are still nice people in the world!

mystik spiral

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I started having issues with my car on Saturday - I have a manual transmission and it started hitching when I shifted gears, so I planned to make an appointment yesterday to take it in early this week. Yesterday we had an adoption shower for my brother and SIL and I went to the grocery store to pick up veggies for the party and while the hitching was better, when I pulled into the parking lot (less than a mile from home) I saw a bunch of black smoke in my rearview mirror
!! I called my mom and we decided it would be best not to drive ANYWHERE, so my sister picked me up for the party and my brother drove me home last night.

I took the bus to where my car was this morning and waited 2 hours for the tow truck. When he got there and was loading up my car a woman came over to make sure everything was OK and offered me a ride if I needed to get anywhere. I didn't, but I thanked her profusely, and it made an awful morning a lot better for me!!

Now I just need some vibes that there's nothing horribly expensive wrong with my car...

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mystik Spiral

I started having issues with my car on Saturday - I have a manual transmission and it started hitching when I shifted gears, so I planned to make an appointment yesterday to take it in early this week. Yesterday we had an adoption shower for my brother and SIL and I went to the grocery store to pick up veggies for the party and while the hitching was better, when I pulled into the parking lot (less than a mile from home) I saw a bunch of black smoke in my rearview mirror
!! I called my mom and we decided it would be best not to drive ANYWHERE, so my sister picked me up for the party and my brother drove me home last night.

I took the bus to where my car was this morning and waited 2 hours for the tow truck. When he got there and was loading up my car a woman came over to make sure everything was OK and offered me a ride if I needed to get anywhere. I didn't, but I thanked her profusely, and it made an awful morning a lot better for me!!

Now I just need some vibes that there's nothing horribly expensive wrong with my car...
Aw....vibes! Wait....I live in Golden LOL. Need a ride? haha

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
for a cheap repair! I had my transmission go on my car and no black smoke, but that was an automatic. Hopefully it is just a "thingamajig" that needs replaced (don't you love my scientific terms?).

You know, when I was growing up, people actually helped each other. I remember the whole neighborhood getting together to dig out everyone's cars after a snow storm. Or getting together to help put a new roof on someone's house. Now it just seems like most people live in their own little world and forget about everyone else. The fact that this woman wanted to make sure you were ok says a lot about her. That gives me hope for society.

aimerlee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I hope everything's alright with your car! I had a similar experience before. My mom's battery died and I had to go and help her jump it. Problem is, neither of us know anything about cars! It was in a pretty deserted shopping center so we thought we were stuck until a man who was walking a few hundred yards away came all the way down to us and helped us jump it. He then told us exactly where the service station was. It was a simple gesture but it really made my day.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Good luck with your car! Sending that it's nothing serious! That woman was a sweetie.

my4llma

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hopefully your car doesn't need to many repairs

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That was awfully nice of that woman to do that...yes, there are still nice people in world, but sometimes they are hard to find!

I hope it isn't too expensive to get your car fixed!!