Theodore Got A Bath!

GaryT

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I gave Theo his bath that I had been putting off. He was starting to matt which is a sign he needs bath so I got it done this morning. He took longer to dry than he did to bathe! He purred the whole time. Now he is so playful. He must feel better. I had a hard time even getting these photos! He was running around.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

GaryT

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
He likes having a bath!? You're so lucky. Forest threatens to kill me if I so much as wipe his face with a damp cloth.

:lol:
This is why I like buying from reputable breeders. Theo was bathed right from the start as a kitten and combed by the breeder so he is accustomed to both. He actually purrs while I bathe and dry him. He is a bit apprehensive when I carry him to the sink and start the water running. I have to hold onto him while I adjust the temperature of the sprayer. Once he feels the water on him, he settles right down and starts purring. My Oliver was the same but, he never purred while getting bathed. But, he tolerated it and never scratched me up or cried.

I think this also helps bond him to me more. He is now following me everywhere in the house! And very playful. All the gentle physical contact does make them more lovable. he LOVES the attention.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Forest had a bit of a rough start in life. I found him dumped in the woods, severely emaciated and covered in fleas.

:sniffle:

He is doing much better now though, he gets easier to groom all the time. Like Theodore, he loves attention! I think that's a Persian trait, isn't it? They're all big old teddy bears at heart.

:heartshape:

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
What about the pet grooming gloves? I was thinking of getting some. My 2 love to be pet (although Shaman has a limit). I doubt they would ever let me bathe them though.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have to bring the girls into the stall shower. They HATE it and spend the entire time whining. It's SOOOO dramatic. I get very long, drawn out "MEEOOOOOWWW". They do this over and over again until we're done. They both do it. They are just as unhappy with me afterwards. I have betrayed them. I have to make them some chicken or turkey as a treat to make it up to them.

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I gave Theo his bath that I had been putting off. He was starting to matt which is a sign he needs bath so I got it done this morning. He took longer to dry than he did to bathe! He purred the whole time. Now he is so playful. He must feel better. I had a hard time even getting these photos! He was running around.

He looks so soft and fluffy.

Wish I could wash greg. His fur seems almost water proof and there is no way he would let me.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
He looks beautiful!

I bathed a cat. Once. 30 years ago. Never again! :lol:

My three love being brushed, so I brush them and trim their nails regularly. I call a mobile groomer to come bathe them periodically. I don't know how she does it, but she gets them into her magic van and they come out smelling and looking wonderful. :dancingblackcat:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
He looks beautiful!

I bathed a cat. Once. 30 years ago. Never again! :lol:

My three love being brushed, so I brush them and trim their nails regularly. I call a mobile groomer to come bathe them periodically. I don't know how she does it, but she gets them into her magic van and they come out smelling and looking wonderful. :dancingblackcat:
Lucky you! I wish we had one of those here. They only do dogs. I should sue all of them on the girls' behalf for discrimination. :lol:

I have to do all their grooming myself. Fortunately, we have built enough trust that they know I'd never hurt them and they allow it. Very begrudgingly.

There is ONE groomer here that does cats. Lilith got us banned from there. She was SO bad. :doh:

GaryT

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
he is SO much softer after the baths. I think he feels better after being bathed. He is SO lovable afterward too.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
he is SO much softer after the baths. I think he feels better after being bathed. He is SO lovable afterward too.
You're lucky. I get the silent treatment for a while until I have sought forgiveness with some freshly roasted chicken or turkey. After they eat and ignore me for a while longer, I get some cuddles. They can't spoil me, you know. They have to remind me who is really in charge.

Theo has the most gorgeous eyes. He's so handsome. :cloud9:

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow! Such a good boy Theo! :redheartpump:

My Bourbon loves to be brushed, but washed? Nah! If I do the bathroom would be looking like one heck of a crime scene.

My other cats are more tolerant of washing but cry like they are being murdered.

Sidewinder

"Say what, crackerhead?"
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Whoa, that's one sparkling clean kitteh!!! I don't do cat baths on a regular basis, I'm more likely to simply wet a washcloth and rub some trouble spot where the kitteh has been rolling in something... :fear:

GaryT

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
What about the pet grooming gloves? I was thinking of getting some. My 2 love to be pet (although Shaman has a limit). I doubt they would ever let me bathe them though.
I have never seen these but have heard about them. I imagine they may work on a shorthair cat but not on Theo. I have stainless Greyhound combs I use on him.

GaryT

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
You're lucky. I get the silent treatment for a while until I have sought forgiveness with some freshly roasted chicken or turkey. After they eat and ignore me for a while longer, I get some cuddles. They can't spoil me, you know. They have to remind me who is really in charge.

Theo has the most gorgeous eyes. He's so handsome. :cloud9:
He absolutely has the neatest personality of all the cats I have ever had. He is headstrong too. But, when he is wanting to cuddle, he is SO lovable. He demands I play with him several times a day. He is resting now not far from me so, the bath didn't even faze him. I love all cats but there is just something special about a show quality cat. Probably due to all the doting they get (and need). Yes, I think he is beautiful and tell him that all the time. He is my buddy.

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Theodore is so handsome! I wish Toffee and Fudge liked baths. We use dry shampoo for them sometimes, but they even hate that :lol: