Then and now - Post baby pictures of yourself!

christinacat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
BelongstoEvie, you look like a very athletic individual.
AND are you about to have a little one? I bet the dogs will guard your little family addition with their lives! Lovely dogs.

belongstoevie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ChristinaCat

No, you look very normal (usual) in both pictures. So, what is odd about your face in both photos?
Yeah, yeah, I agree! And now I'm curious.

Originally Posted by ChristinaCat

BelongstoEvie, you look like a very athletic individual.
AND are you about to have a little one? I bet the dogs will guard your little family addition with their lives! Lovely dogs.
Aw, thank you! And yes, I am! Looks like we are having a little girl, due Apr 22- about 5 1/2 weeks left! Thanks about my dogs, I hope they do!

Ruthyb, love your curly hair!

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, there are some really good looking people on this forum.
All my pics are on a disc somewhere in the computer. They got wiped off my hard drive somehow.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is so cool, I am loving seeing everyone's pictures!!!!!!!

Mike, what's wrong with your face?????? I see a perfect face as cute little boy, and as a handsome man now! Can not see anything wrong with it......... Now I am curious toooooooo!!!

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sorry, I just got in from Baton Rouge and Waco.

OK, a bit of a long story.

I always knew my smile was not very photogenic. I've looked back through a lot of old yearbooks, family albums, etc. "Why?" you might ask.

Because I had an odd experience a few years ago. I developed a case of carpal tunnel syndrome unloading a lot of trucks, and I had to go to an occupational injury doctor. He was doing a number of tests, and after he did several of them, all on my right side, he would say, "Hmmmm." Then he had me smile and make faces at him. Finally, I asked him was he was finding out.

"Have you ever been in a serious accident and suffered a head injury?" he asked.

Nope, nothing beyond the typical boy growing up.

"Well," he said, "you show all the signs of having had a brain injury or stroke at some time in your life. It was on the left side of your brain, because all the reflexes on your right side are affected, and you can't smile with the right side of your mouth and face."

That got me to thinking, so I looked up a bunch of these old photos. Same thing in all of them: Left corner of the mouth turned up, right corner straight.

Now, in thinking back to what I know about my early childhood, I have two possible explanations.

1. I had a very hard birth, and the doctor had to use forceps very vigorously. I tried to find the old photo of me very young, but I can't locate it. But I had a visible forcep scar on my left cheek until I was well into my thirties.

2. When I was about 18 months old, I had a very serious case of measles. I was in a coma in the hospital for about 3 days, and there was some worry I was going to die from them.

Now, if I were going to guess, I would bet #2 is the cause.

So, looking at the photos now, do you see it?

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My sister and I (I'm on the left) about age 4 and 2(?)

My first kitty, Bootsie (we got him when I was about a year old.)
I've been a cat lover forever! (Yes, he's eating corn on the cob!)

My wedding picture with Bootsie when I was 22.

Fairly recently, at work. I hate getting my picture taken, so I try to hide when the cameras come out! This is a VERY rare picture of me (approx. age 50.)