The -Would You Ever - Game :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Yes, I have actually done that before on several occasions. 

Would you ever use someone else's reservation at a restaurant?  (go up when they call out someone else's name)

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, unless I happened to know the person concerned wasn't coming. 

As a young scholar have you ever passed surreptitiously the exam's results to a pal in trouble?

Last edited:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
No, it will come back to bite you. (We had that happen with an intern a few years ago. He said he was a real graphics whiz....until it came time to do something and then it all came out. My boss was not amused.)

Would you ever give money to somebody holding up a "Homeless. Need money." sign at an intersection? We are starting to see more and more of them around here.

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A difficult question. I've heard of some of these people refusing when offered roof and work.  I admit that I may be tempted by the look and age of the beggar. I am a softy.  I have occasionally bought food for a little child begging alone.

Would you report to the police a domestic employee who stole some money from your home but returned it when confronted with the facts. 

Last edited:

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
I'm not sure.  It would depend on the reason the employee stole the money and how long he or she had been employed.  A long time employee who stole the money out of desperation to take her cat to the vet is one thing.  A new employee who stole the money just because she could is another.  I'd report the second, but not the first.

Would you ever tell someone they were wearing too much make-up or cologne? 

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Would you ever tell someone they were wearing too much make-up or cologne? 
Make up, no; that's personal taste, and too much can't harm others as far as I know.  Cologne, yes; those with allergies and / or asthma are easily affected adversely by it, and I suspect that sometimes the wearers just aren't cognizant of the fact that their fragrance is overpowering.

Have you made legal arrangements for the welfare of your cats (and / or other animals) through a Trust or by other similar means?

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No but one of my daughters or grandchildren would take care of Cucumella if necessary but it is possible that she might go before I do.  She is already over 14 years old.

Would you ever tell someone his question does not fit the thread where he posted?

margd

Veteran
Purraise
It depends.   In the game threads, we are always forgetting which game we're playing so a friendly reminder is appreciated.  In other threads, some people don't mind if you send them a PM so it's not public.  In many cases, however, it's probably best just to flag the post and leave it to the Mods.  

Would you ever pretend you weren't home if someone knocked on the door whom you didn't wish to see?

Last edited:

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, many years ago I lived next to a lady who had taken the habit to come over at different times of theday without being expected. I was quite young and she was an older lady. So I didn't  know how to handle the situation.  So YES i pretended not to be at home MANY times.

Would you ever warn a new neighbour regarding the inopportuneness of a local resident ?

lonelocust

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I guess I would if it seemed important, like that person was a danger. If I just thought the other resident was unpleasant I'd mind my own business and let the new neighbor draw their own conclusion.

Would you ever go introduce yourself to a new neighbor?

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Yes. And I'd bring a plate of cookies with me. 

Would you ever clean your house at midnight? (Sometimes when Rick is away and I can't sleep, I'll get out of bed and clean. Or cook.)

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Yes if it was a very close friend who I trusted - sometimes you just need to share, talk to an objective person and get their perspective

Would you ever spit your food into a napkin at a restaurant if you didn't like it?

margd

Veteran
Purraise
Yes, but I'd be discreet about it.

Would you say something in the express lane to someone who had way too many items?

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Yes, but I'd be discreet about it.

Would you say something in the express lane to someone who had way too many items?
Nope; I'd simply assume they had a pressing engagement - though here in TinyTown U.S.A. I've yet to see that happen.

Do you invite the shopper behind you to go ahead of you when they have only a few items?

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes I have done this many times.  I don't like to go shopping too often so I usually have a lot of items.

Would you interrupt the cashier and shopper discusssing world affairs while you are waiting to pay?

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I have done so. I have also interrupted two cashiers talking about their dates when I needed to pay for something. I was nice about it, but I really needed to get back to work.

Would you ever say something to the manager of restaurant if your food was not up to par?

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I probably wouldn't go directly up to the manager but if they came over to my table and specifically asked how the food was I would tell them

Would you ever ask to be seated at a different table if you didn't like where the host sat you?  

Status
Not open for further replies.