The worst case of animal abuse i've seen in a long time.

ladycat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
oh gosh you know I use to work in a grooming salon, and people just amaze me how matted they would let there pets get. I remember this big belgian sheperd had alot of matts, he wouldn't let us go near his back end, finally I lifted his tail and all though out his inner legs the matts had just pulled off his skin and the lady had no idea. I felt so bad for the pooch. I know he was a nice dog (I tend to get a little nervous around sheperds) cuz he wouldn't bite he would kinda snap but you could tell he didn't want to hurt anyone.
I didn't read into the 2nd page but I hope he is doing well now.

sweetiecat3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh.
My.
GOD!!!!!

Why?!!?!??!!!!!

The poor pup... that breed is so cute.... What did he do to deserve that?! Jeeez, some people.........

I will keep Hairy in my prayers.
God bless you for taking care of these poor babies

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lhasa Apsos are such beautiful dogs....it is a shame and a TRAGEDY that they would put such a sweet pup through such horrible abuse. Thank God y'all found him and are able to take care of him and give him the life he deserves

mandm1213

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
that poor boy.. i can't believe someone would let him live like that..
we have 4shetland sheepdogs at home and none of them have ever seen a matt.. i could never let one of them run around like that.. let alone leave them to be completely covered in them..

kirst

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That is just to sad for words.
I hope the dog is doing better now.

It really makes me bad to think that someone would do that to a dog or any animal for that matter.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, there is a silver lining to this horrible story: Hairy got adopted this week! I've been so sick/ busy with my foster kittens that i forgot to update ya'll on this. Hairy found a WONDERFUL home this week with a loving family!!!
They have experience with his breed and will make sure that he recieves the proper care/grooming he needs ( we were VERY VERY VERY careful to only place him in the best possible home) I am soo happy for him!
I thought all of you who prayed for this little guy would like to hear the great news
Looks like little Hairy now has a second chance at life in a wonderful new home that he will be taken great care of in
We were all estatic he got adopted so quickly.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

Well, there is a silver lining to this horrible story: Hairy got adopted this week! I've been so sick/ busy with my foster kittens that i forgot to update ya'll on this. Hairy found a WONDERFUL home this week with a loving family!!!
They have experience with his breed and will make sure that he recieves the proper care/grooming he needs ( we were VERY VERY VERY careful to only place him in the best possible home) I am soo happy for him!
I thought all of you who prayed for this little guy would like to hear the great news
Looks like little Hairy now has a second chance at life in a wonderful new home that he will be taken great care of in
We were all estatic he got adopted so quickly.
I am so happy to hear that Nikki, I have been worried about him, I was afraid since you had posted anything, that something bad had happened.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LSULOVER

I am so happy to hear that Nikki, I have been worried about him, I was afraid since you had posted anything, that something bad had happened.

aww sorry to scare you- i've just been so swamped this week i forgot to update when he got adopted! he found such a good home
he's going to be taken wonderful care of now and have a whole new chance at life- we're all sooo happy for him

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

aww sorry to scare you- i've just been so swamped this week i forgot to update when he got adopted! he found such a good home
he's going to be taken wonderful care of now and have a whole new chance at life- we're all sooo happy for him
Yeah me too, I am glad he got a new home. And I am glad that ya'll helped the little fellow out.

wookie130

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What great news for Hairy! I'm thrilled he found a family that is willing to work through his issues that resulted from such serious neglect...no animal should EVER experience what poor Hairy has been through. But, yay!!!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by wookie130

What great news for Hairy! I'm thrilled he found a family that is willing to work through his issues that resulted from such serious neglect...no animal should EVER experience what poor Hairy has been through. But, yay!!!
Me too...we were all glad he found such a nice new home

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is so sad. Thank you for saving him. His story reminds me of my dear Matilda. I worked for animal control for a year and a half.. one day in the middle of summer, I got an urgent call, a dog had shown up on someone's doorstep, they told me nothing except that it was very urgent. I rushed down there, to find a small black dog COVERED in mats. Honestly, you couldn't tell she was a dog, much less what kind she was. It was at least 90 degrees outside and this poor thing was suffering greatly. I rushed her home, and got the clippers out. I just started shaving. The mats were to the skin, and there was no "hair" left really, it was just all mats. It took me 12 hours that first day, and another 6 hours the next day to have her completely shaved... and the smell was unlike anything I've ever experienced. She was a trooper though, never once complained. After she was shaved and cleaned up it became clear that she was a Cocker Spaniel. I took her to the vet the next day when he opened, and he said she was about 10 years old, and had a heart murmur... and she was blind.
I fostered her for awhile and then found her an excellent home. Months later I was talking with someone that bred Cockers in the area and we found out who had owned the dog... the "owner" was contacted, and they said they had left her tied in some friends backyard three years before and never went back for her.