"The World Before This One"

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Zissou'sMom

When I was your daughter's age, I was totally convinced that I could physically fly. I remember what it felt like, remember doing it... [/i]
I STILL have a distinct memory of what it felt like to fly, which I was totally convinced I could do at ages 3-5 or so. I wonder why that is?

It's amazing how our minds work.

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lionessrampant

I STILL have a distinct memory of what it felt like to fly, which I was totally convinced I could do at ages 3-5 or so. I wonder why that is?

It's amazing how our minds work.
I remember doing that too. And I totally believe I did. Don't ask me to do it now. I can't.. But I remember doing it even up to 12 yrs old.

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is amazing. I would love to hear more about it.
Nothing quite like that has happened in my house (to my knowledge). Although I can remember some things that I believe happened when I was younger, but they are vague and disjointed. I've asked my mother if the things in these "memories" have happened and she said no.

As for other 'paranormal'/odd things, my oldest brother has lucid dreams and my mother and I have outer body experiences. Very interesting, to say the least.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for all the responses!

A couple of weeks ago, another mom and I were waiting to pick up our kids from school, and her younger son said something about his "old parents." I said to her, "Old parents? You guys are so young!" (they were high school sweethearts and are both in their twenties), and she said, "Oh, he's talking about his parents from before, not us." So, we started talking and comparing notes. I asked her if he can remember names (because my daughter can't, with the one exception), and she said he can say only fragmented sounds when he tries to remember names. This is exactly what my daughter does, too. When I thought about it, I've know people and been places and I don't necessarily remember the names, but I remember the faces or the places easily.

Here's more and some answers:

Originally Posted by Dusty's Mom

...How old is she now? Does she ever describe what happened to her before - like sickness or accident?...
1) She's eight, almost nine.

2) When she was three, and had just started talking about this, she did a very strange thing one day. We were quietly playing together, and she suddenly looked at me and said out of the blue, "I just RAN right into the street! The ball went there and I followed it, and ran RIGHT into the street!" I thought, huh? then asked her a stock question because I had no idea what she was talking about, and had always been with her and knew for a fact she had NEVER run out into a street. So, I asked, "What happened then?" and she said, "I'm here with you."

I got chills up and down my spine. I gave her a lecture (which I've repeated many times now) about NOT chasing balls into the street! She doesn't remember saying that to me any more, but I will never forget it. I wonder if that's why her memory of that life is so vivid, maybe it was cut short. She only remembers from about six to eight years old.

Originally Posted by mooficat

...Do you think you will do any research about it all, you know try and found out more about who her parents were, or where they are from ? Its real fascinating, does your daughter "know" the place name where she grew up ?...
1) I asked her when she was about five, and she said no. I guess you could spend a lifetime trying to prove this. I wish I could tell her "other parents" that she is back now, but what good would that really do? If she was really bent on finding out more, I would be tempted, but it's in the past for her, and she's concentrating on this life, I think.

2) She can't remember names of places or people. Her parents were "Mommy and Daddy" of course. She had a best friend who lived next door in a red brick house, but she can't remember her name, either.

Originally Posted by emily_325

...Write it all down like you have above and keep record of it. Sometimes as we grow older we push these things back and I really think this is something worth recording for your daughter to read about and be able to still remember later in her life....
I think it's important to remember, too, but I'm not sure why. I wrote it down as she was talking, and kept the pictures she drew with it. I just asked her yesterday if she still remembers, and she said, "Sure."

Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

They say the reason children "remember" such things is because they are closer to their former self as a child than we are when we are adults....I've been haunted by a dream since I was about 3 years old...it's the same dream and it seems so real and it's like I'm experiencing it for myself in the first person....I know some will think me crazy for having said the above, but the question was asked and that is my experienc, past and current.
I believe that, too. I had repeater dreams when I was a child about a church, and I can still see the pattern of the stones on the steps, looking down at them. And I knew my way around in the church and how to get to the bell tower. The first time I set foot in a church was when I was twelve, with a friend; my parents were not religious. I also had repeater dreams about a double funeral, where the coffins were propped up slightly, and a sickly sweet, smoky smell... my sister told me about ten years ago that my great-grandparents were Catholic and were killed in an car accident with their Model-T. Was I seeing their wake? It was, and still is, a vivid memory.

Thanks for sharing your experiences. I agree about not telling people about these things... they think you are a loon, or in my case, that I am trying to make my child seem "special."

Originally Posted by theimp98

...we did not have a TV until i was 8 or so. I have bad dreams of being in a airplane and being on on fire...
That would certainly make a huge impression, if you were remembering a significant event in a past life!

Originally Posted by ClaireBear

...Personally I don't believe that it has anything to do with a past life. I think they just get these ideas from tv and other things they see.
But my daughter didn't watch TV when she was little, and I was with her always (no daycare or sitters). So I knew she hadn't seen the things she described. She had a yellow fire engine paddle-car, she said, that she rode on the sidewalk that circled all the way around their house. And she described a large top, and the colors, with stars on it, that you should pump on the top to make it spin. She had never seen either of these toys, anywhere, in fact they sound like older toys.

Originally Posted by HopeHacker

...One day I was talking to my mother, and I asked her if she remembered the time we road the Trolley car for the first time. She told me, "We never road a trolley car, ever"...
Our daughter does this, too! She gets mixed up sometimes. She said something one day about her daddy's best friend when he was growing up, "Paul." We had to argue with her for quite a while that her daddy didn't even know a Paul when he was young! She was so certain that it was true!

About three year-olds these days... they are mostly all smart cookies! A friend of my remarked, after meeting my (then) three-year old, "Why are kids so smart these days? When I was three, I was in the back yard eating dirt!"

Our daughter's milestones were very early. She took her first steps at eight months, and was everywhere, running and walking, when she was nine months and five days! She spoke in phrases at 18 months, and complete sentences when she was two. She understood concepts at 18 months, too, which blew us away! When she was two, she had a ball with the sun and planets on it (not labelled), and one day she told me the names of the planets, correctly. And, she started writing when she was three. She wrote words phonetically, but we could read the stories once you got the hang of it. She could read a few words, and simple picture books in Kindergarten, but in December of first grade, she went from reading simple books to reading anything, including "Authorized Personnel Only," in one month.

This is all true, I don't have that good of an imagination. And, when she talks about it, she is remembering. She doesn't pause to think before answering, she immediately answers the question or she says she doesn't know. She also has flying dreams (as do I), and sometimes she changes into an animal in her dreams, and can do what that animal does, but that's another thread, I think!

Thanks again, for listening, and for the discussion!

Cheers, from
SwampWitch

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Swampwitch when I was reading your last post I remembered something.
My Nana died 2003 at my mom's house. My little cousin Ryan (9 now) told me a few months after Nana's passing that she sees her. Her mom told her to get their coats from upstairs and she started to cry. I took her up and she told me why she was so scared. She said Nana is sometimes in her room(Nana's) and that sometimes when she sleeps at her house Nana visits her just before she falls asleep.

Now this could be happening b/c she was the only child around Nana when she was dying. Ryan's mom treats her more like an adult. I never thought Ryan should be there. Nana wasn't Nana anymore and that child shouldn't have seen all of it. Then again she is closely related to my other cousin who can see spirits. Apparently Ryan's mom doesn't like to talk about this. I told her if she ever wanted to talk to tell me or my mom cause we believe. I haven't heard anything since then.

Also the weekend before Nana passed, Ryan's mom was staying over to give mom and I a break. Around 6am she woke up and saw an apparition of a little girl by the landing. Mom got up at the sometime thinking she heard her name being called by Nana. Later on Karen(Ryan's mom) repeated what she saw. My mom ran up the stairs to grab a picture for comparison. Karen saw my Nana's mom as a child. She even described the basket. I will attach the picture.

A few more things happened within days of Nana's passing.

angelkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That very fascinating to me... My daughter and my neice see things.. Ghost I think.. My husband's mother has been dead for 7 or 8 years, and my daughter is 4. When she was 3 she began to tell us about her grandma.. She never had a grandma, a nani, a granny yes,, but no grandma. So I told her to explain her to me and my hsuband. Well she explained my husband's mother to a T, and she's never seen pictures or anything since I don't have pictures. My husband got a picture from his dad's house, and we put it up not more then 6 months later, and she said "Mommy that's my grandma,, I talk to her almost every night". I beleive her too,, she would be talking to someone but I always thought it was her playing.. My husband says that He has dreams that he thinks are real of his mother. He swore one time she was in our bedroom telling him how much she loved her granddaughter, and how beautiful me and Bella are. and he swears he was awake during it..

So I don't know.. I see thing all the time out of the side of my eye. I think I'm too scared to notice them..

gayef

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
One of the people, we'll call her Deb, who purchased a Blue Point male kitten from our first litter has a lovely (now) 5-year old daughter. We'll call her Morgan. When Deb first called to ask about my kittens and I learned she had a young child, I will admit to being ... cautious. So, I asked Deb to bring Morgan to the house one day so that I could observe her behavior around the kittens for myself before making any decisions. My kittens had not been exposed to young children and admittedly, I was skeptical of how they would react.

The appointed visit day arrived and Morgan, thinking she was coming over for a tea party, was dressed in her Tea Party best, complete with big, red, floppy hat. *grin* She was utterly adorable. Morgan walked into my kitchen ... and the Blue Point male walked around the corner into the kitchen from the living room at the same time. Morgan stopped abrupty, the kitten stopped abruptly. Morgan threw her hands up into the air and squealed as though only a 3 year-old girl can do then clearly said, "Oh, I haven't seen you for the LONGEST time!!!" whereupon the kitten ran into her outstreched arms and wrapped his paws around her neck. Deb and I both got goosebumps and knew we were in the presence of something much, much bigger than either of us.

ashleynicole

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This has been the most fascinating thread to me!! I love to think about things like this, and think most of what has been mentioned here is by all means possible. I woud love to experience something like this myself. I would love to hear more stories!!

hell603

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I was younger I used to have these dreams of what I would call floating - not flying! The best way to describe it is that it was almost like using a scate board. I would hover not far off the ground and would use this "power" at will to move about instead of walking. I also know I really enjoyed it. These dreams have not happpend for a long time - I actually miss them

I do believe that there is something more and it actually gives me a comforting feeling!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by crazyforinfo

Swampwitch when I was reading your last post I remembered something....
Originally Posted by angelkitty

That very fascinating to me... My daughter and my neice see things..
Originally Posted by gayef

One of the people, we'll call her Deb...
I LOOOVE these stories... Everybody, thanks so much for sharing!

Cheers, from
SwampWitch