The "What's on your mind?" Thread -2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

raina21

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Our oldest cat, Zazzie's new favorite thing to do is to hide under the christmas tree and attack Kiwi or Tesla when they walk by. Well, I caught one of her sneak attacks on video![emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]
[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Abd then, while my mom was trying to take a picture of the tree, Kiwi was sitting on the windowsill behind it. Right as my mom takes the picture she fell! If you look closely you can see her tail and back paws sticking out from behind the tree on the left. [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

Last edited:

raina21

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Such a gorgeous tree !

Has anyone seen the Xmas themed Temptations commercial ? Its great & so true [emoji]128521[/emoji]
Thank you! It's huge and takes up the whole room haha. That's the only thing I don't like about getting a real tree. Sometimes it is hard to judge their size (ours was tightly wrapped in netting and so the branches were squished down before we got it inside).

Yes! I love that commercial hahaha. Thankfully none of my kitties really mess with the tree (besides batting at the ornaments on the bottom).

On another note. We are taking Tesla and Zazzie to the vet next week for their yearly checkups and vaccines. Hopefully all goes well getting Tesla into the carrier, since he hasn't neen in one since he was a kitten.

Last edited:

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you! It's huge and takes up the whole room haha. That's the only thing I don't like about getting a real tree. Sometimes it is hard to judge their size (ours was tightly wrapped in netting and so the branches were squished down before we got it inside).

Yes! I love that commercial hahaha. Thankfully none of my kitties really mess with the tree (besides batting at the ornaments on the bottom).

On another note. We are taking Tesla and Zazzie to the vet next week for their yearly checkups and vaccines. Hopefully all goes well getting Tesla into the carrier, since he hasn't neen in one since he was a kitten.
I've never had a real tree and I know better than to try.  My allergies are horrible.  I had a house plant once.  In my bedroom.  Allergies were unbearable.  A tree would be just as bad if not worse.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't think Market Basket sells rabbit or any other game-type meat. I don't think very many of their customers eat those sorts of meats. The small Stop and Shop near me doesn't have rabbit but the larger Super Stop and Shop usuallly does and I'm sure they could also special order it.

Don't apologize for being emotional about Artie
Some people are just strongly affected by emotions and are very in tuned to the emotions and feelings of others. It's called a high sensitivity personality and does not mean that there's anything wrong with you. It's just part of who you are, like having brown hair or being left handed.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I don't think Market Basket sells rabbit or any other game-type meat. I don't think very many of their customers eat those sorts of meats. The small Stop and Shop near me doesn't have rabbit but the larger Super Stop and Shop usuallly does and I'm sure they could also special order it.

Don't apologize for being emotional about Artie
Some people are just strongly affected by emotions and are very in tuned to the emotions and feelings of others. It's called a high sensitivity personality and does not mean that there's anything wrong with you. It's just part of who you are, like having brown hair or being left handed.
@Artiemom  I agree with all of this. it's so frustrating when we do all we can to help them yet it never seems like it's enough. That picture of Artie snuggled up on your lap is so great. He looks so comfortable and content. He's such a handsome boy. Please talk about Artie and your feelings all you want. it's not healthy for you to keep them bottled up and we understand. We love Artie too. Please give him some hugs and kisses for me. 

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
thank you everyone.. 

Artie only ate less than 1 small can of rabbit during the night; he usually eats more-- around 1 1/2 cans.. I opened up a can of Solid Gold Tuna with Mackerel. He ate about 3/4 of the can. He went back to nibble a tiny bit more, a few hours later. That was good. 

I put the rest of the tuna/mackerel along with some added water on top of some rabbit; Around 3pm, he went over to the food, smelt around, and slowly ate the rest of the tuna, but not the rabbit. 

I opened up another can of the tuna, and mixed it with the rabbit. He turned his nose up to it.. 

I made some tuna water for him for Bumble Bee tuna...

I am going to Stop and Shop Super store tomorrow to look for some rabbit... have no idea how to cook it except for perhaps oven with some water to make some juice for it.. I bet he will refuse it...

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
IDK about the rabbit, because I could never bring myself to do that.  But another thought:  if you have a blender or food processor, you can make a puree of whatever ingredient(s) and syringe feed him if necessary.  You can combine cat food with meat, if you feel that's something he will eat. And definitely, whatever he WILL eat is good.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, if he eats the tuna, then feed him the tuna. After he gets well, you can tempt him with something else. More cats die from starvation when they're sick than from the disease.

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence

thank you everyone.. 

Artie only ate less than 1 small can of rabbit during the night; he usually eats more-- around 1 1/2 cans.. I opened up a can of Solid Gold Tuna with Mackerel. He ate about 3/4 of the can. He went back to nibble a tiny bit more, a few hours later. That was good. 

I put the rest of the tuna/mackerel along with some added water on top of some rabbit; Around 3pm, he went over to the food, smelt around, and slowly ate the rest of the tuna, but not the rabbit. 

I opened up another can of the tuna, and mixed it with the rabbit. He turned his nose up to it.. 

I made some tuna water for him for Bumble Bee tuna...

I am going to Stop and Shop Super store tomorrow to look for some rabbit... have no idea how to cook it except for perhaps oven with some water to make some juice for it.. I bet he will refuse it...
You cook rabbit like you cook chicken, boil it, bake it, roast it, fry it, stew it, whatever turns you on.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Try poaching the rabbit in water. If you can only get whole rabbit, just cut it up into pieces like a chicken. Cook a small piece for Artie to try and freeze the rest. If he turns his nose up, you can FreeCycle the frozen rabbit pieces as raw food for pets only. I've done this with frozen whole quail before.

SheriB

FELV and Foster advocate
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I wouldn't classify the brits so harshly, I'm in western colorado USA and in the same situation as far as neighbors and strangers. I would compliment a stranger on her shoes, but I wouldn't knock on somebdy's door to return a coupon, and I don't think it's stuffy, just a bit reserved.

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wouldn't classify the brits so harshly, I'm in western colorado USA and in the same situation as far as neighbors and strangers. I would compliment a stranger on her shoes, but I wouldn't knock on somebdy's door to return a coupon, and I don't think it's stuffy, just a bit reserved.
What are we talking about?

SheriB

FELV and Foster advocate
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sorry, apparently I was looking at some old posts or something, some other conversation. I was very surprised when I saw my post with a completely different conversation around it. Give me time, I'll get this figured out.

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Where did this come from? What are you talking about? Coupons to be returned? Shoes?What?

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry, apparently I was looking at some old posts or something, some other conversation. I was very surprised when I saw my post with a completely different conversation around it. Give me time, I'll get this figured out.
ok, newbie, we'll forgive you. So what kind of a cat do you have? And welcome to the site  

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise

ok, newbie, we'll forgive you. So what kind of a cat do you have? And welcome to the site  
Yes, welcome  to TCS!  
   If your post had to land somewhere unexpected, this is a pretty safe thread for it to turn up!   After all, you were  discussing what was on your mind and that is the subject of the thread. 
  Now, let's hear about some cats!  

SheriB

FELV and Foster advocate
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks for that! About my cats, oh my... I have five cats, all hard luck cases that came to me from one source or another. Everybody who knows me knows I won't say no to another cat. I love them all so much. Little white long hair Phoebe with blue crossed eyes and lots of attitude. Wee Jock and Annapurna, tabbies found on a Wyoming oil well rig. Taz, a chunky tuxie who almost died from swallowing a string as a tiny kitten. And fluffy, autistic calico Lady who really doesn't get social interaction, but loves a good pet on the kitchen rug now and then. I also have 3 sets of fosters, waiting to be rehomed except for the four who have FELV, they will be with me in their own part of the house for as long as they live, hopefully a good long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.