The weirdest thing...

lisasha3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would put money on the fact that a male marked your house. I had an uneutered tom that use to hang around when I only had my 4 females and he marked my cellar windows and my back door as if to say he owned these females.
I was furious!!! I had 2 males when I was younger that did nothing but contantly battle who was marking the TV and other furniture in the house and because of that my nose is very sensitive to cat spray and I can't stand it!!! That was why - I wound up with 4 females. I was afraid to take that chance with a male.
cat spray is potent! It stinks awful!! I would bet money on it that's what it is.
Go outside to the window and you'll be able to see if it's been sprayed. It will have a faint tinged color to it and it might even shine a bit like it's still wet.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lisasha3

I would put money on the fact that a male marked your house. I had an uneutered tom that use to hang around when I only had my 4 females and he marked my cellar windows and my back door as if to say he owned these females.
I was furious!!! I had 2 males when I was younger that did nothing but contantly battle who was marking the TV and other furniture in the house and because of that my nose is very sensitive to cat spray and I can't stand it!!! That was why - I wound up with 4 females. I was afraid to take that chance with a male.
cat spray is potent! It stinks awful!! I would bet money on it that's what it is.
Go outside to the window and you'll be able to see if it's been sprayed. It will have a faint tinged color to it and it might even shine a bit like it's still wet.
I think you might be right you know..I am going to look tomorrow in the daylight. I hope I can just wash it off with water...EW!

muttigreemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree that a cat used the outside of your window as a litter box. When I lived in the basement of my mom's house I'd occasionally have the same problem. The outdoor ferals thought the soft soil in front of the window was such a nice place to pee

We ended up putting chicken wire on the ground in front of the window. They didn't like the feeling of it under their feet and peed somewhere else.

HTH!

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

I think you might be right you know..I am going to look tomorrow in the daylight. I hope I can just wash it off with water...EW!
Water won't work.... it takes some potent stuff like Petenzyme to get rid of that smell.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by neetanddave

Water won't work.... it takes some potent stuff like Petenzyme to get rid of that smell.
:censor::censor::censor::censor:......................what is WRONG with cat pee?

lisasha3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

:censor::censor::censor::censor:......................what is WRONG with cat pee?
It's some nasty

I can't stand the smell of cat spray.

Like I said for me it's totally because of the way I grew up. For most folks it's bad, but not stomach churning.
Did you know that there's even a bush that smells like cat spray?? I don't know the name of it, but everytime I pass one my stomach churns. I pointed it out to my mother once and she couldn't believe it - she said I was so right. It's some kind of evergreen bush and it reeks!!
Good luck getting that stuff off. Yuck!

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Hmmm, would a male cat mark my house just by SEEING Trout? She does hang out in that window alot...
I am reading this book "So you think you know about cats?" and it says that your cat can smell you before you get in the house....and they can smell everyone you've seen today or spent time with.... like, if my DH picked up our daughter from the bus stop & dropped her off at her Gramom's the kitties can smell on my DH's shoes or whatever that he was in contact with Jazzy, without even seeing her..... amazing huh? So, if it's a Tom cat....I'm sure he can smell your little beauty, even with your obsessive litter box cleaning!