The Weight Loss Support Thread - 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Way to go, people! Excellent work all around! 

Pat, I'm glad you're feeling better. Thank you for your restaurant tips. And congrats on the loss!

Anna, you are amazing! What a great job!

Karen, keep it up! 

Tammat, I'd be happy if my thighs were smaller, too! 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I'm fairly excited about going to the grocery store today. :lol3: Since we were away over the weekend and then the snow came, we have no fresh vegetables, etc in the house. I'm really looking forward to stocking up before tomorrow's snow storm.

parsleysage

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Although I don't "count" them, I do track my daily weights and record them. This morning I hit my lowest weight on my home scale! I danced a little jig in celebration. We're traveling this weekend so I hope my weigh-in Monday will go well!

parsleysage

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Weigh-in:

I gained one pound. Doesn't surprise me. We had dinner out on Friday night and we had DD donuts both on Friday night and on Saturday I made donuts for V-Day. And I haven't
since Wednesday at lunch. It's OK and I'm fine with it.

parsleysage

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good attitude Pam! Good luck for next week :)

My weigh-in is canceled due to snow; rats! I will say that I appear to be 2-2.5 pounds lighter according to my home scale. I'm hoping that next week, because of the "double" weigh-in, I knock it way out of the park! 

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had an interesting week - and gained 1.2# - new weight by average is 159.4. Middle of last week I had the chance to spend the day with my husband when he had to take a trip down to Oregon for business (and briefly got to see Hissy!), and we went out to dinner on the way home.  I don't know what in the H this place is doing but I didn't want to be served about 3x as much as I'd ordered.  I literally brought home half of the dinner, including a piece of chicken fried steak that weighed 14 oz. (yes some gravy on it but wow).  This was advertised as an 8 oz. chicken fried steak...I ate that much at the restaurant!

My weight immediately went north and of course, I ate the leftovers...didn't matter than my breakfast and lunch were appropriate, it was just too much for me.

I've kept swinging up for a couple of days and then began heading back down the past 2.  Woof.

I am much happier with what I had on Valentines Day!  An extremely rare drink (which I do wish I had skipped), a blackened salmon cobb salad and a dessert.

It had me doing a lot of thinking - about how I felt, what I want for my final weight, how I need to continue to choose what is best for me.  I have to keep saying "yes" to my health, and next time, honestly...make that chicken fried steak at home where I'm in control of portions!!!

Last edited:

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well done ParsleySage. :clap:
I think it still looks like a good week. A couple little hick ups. We learn and move forward.
My waist is 1 cm bigger. My weight is up but not by too much. I'm getting on the scales at my trainers tomorrow so I'll post then. :cross:

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Much better week this past week - even though I did eat out, it was a known restaurant, I knew what I'd get and what I can order there (still grumbling about how I handled the ginormous meal I didn't expect at a new to us restaurant in Oregon week before last.)

I lost 1.57 pounds which meant I lost what I'd gained last week and a bit more of "new" weight so that my goal of 146 is now under 12 pounds away. My new average is 157.8.  I had 2 new one day lows this past week where I was in the 156's, which made me very relieved and very happy.
The closer I get to maintenance, the more I hear about how impossible it is to maintain...sigh.  Guess I will just have to learn how to handle my body in maintenance so I beat those ridiculous odds, because I am NOT EVER going to be morbidly obese again.

Hope everyone had a good week - I know the weather alone has meant huge stress for many of you.

Sivaleah - how are you? (prolly mispelled..sorry).

ambermay

I hold your heart close to my chest.
Adult Cat
Purraise

Much better week this past week - even though I did eat out, it was a known restaurant, I knew what I'd get and what I can order there (still grumbling about how I handled the ginormous meal I didn't expect at a new to us restaurant in Oregon week before last.)

I lost 1.57 pounds which meant I lost what I'd gained last week and a bit more of "new" weight so that my goal of 146 is now under 12 pounds away. My new average is 157.8.  I had 2 new one day lows this past week where I was in the 156's, which made me very relieved and very happy.
The closer I get to maintenance, the more I hear about how impossible it is to maintain...sigh.  Guess I will just have to learn how to handle my body in maintenance so I beat those ridiculous odds, because I am NOT EVER going to be morbidly obese again.

Hope everyone had a good week - I know the weather alone has meant huge stress for many of you.

Hi Pat, are you around 71 kgs of weight?  What is your hight and age?

I also liked your page on FB!

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Hi Pat, are you around 71 kgs of weight?  What is your hight and age?

I also liked your page on FB!
It is about 71.6 in kgs :)  I've shrunk to 5'4.5 inches, and sigh..I'm 59.

Thank you for the FB like!

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Congratulations, Pat

I gained another pound last week. It's from the weekend. Cabin fever. I'm so tired of staying home every Saturday for the last month+. Really getting on my nerves now.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

You almost got it, there's a "Y" in there also lol. Sivyaleah (it's my Hebrew name).

First, congrats to you and everyone who is doing well.  

Me, not so much.  The past few weeks have been extremely difficult for some reason.  I think like Winchester, it's a combination of cabin fever (or work fever as the case may be) and just not doing a good job at watching myself.  It's been SO freaking cold in NYC, I don't go out to lunch, have been calling it up which is always a losing battle since nothing decent can be had that way.  I've also been too busy to post much at all anywhere.  I have so many huge things on my plate (pun intended!) at work right now, and I feel like an energizer bunny just go-go-going all the time.  

My scale is messed up also.  I really haven't a clue what I weigh at the moment.  Last week, I was up a couple of pounds, not surprising.  But today I got on and it read an additional 6 pounds in one week! That, is absolutely not possible so the scale must be screwed up.  It's relatively new but I had suspicions about it all along.  Whatever the case it scared me enough to re-sign up for Weight Watchers yet again.  I think for me, I must have that daily reminder and logging in.  The structure helps me enormously.  I've used other websites, such as FitDay but they are more cumbersome and the WW site is somewhat easier to log in food.  And since I don't have much time on my hands to search databases, I need whatever works for me.

Anyway, taking a couple of prized moments to check in.  I've been thinking about all of you, and read the posts here daily.  I know what I need to do, I know what I want to do.  It's just freaking doing it!

xoxo to all!

parsleysage

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I lost 4.5 pounds this week, but that's 2 weigh-ins worth. I'm officially done losing all the christmas craziness and am at a new low weight! Total weight loss 55.5 pounds.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It can be a long slow lesson, but you *will* figure out how to deal with weather issues, hurt foot etc.  I have faith in you!

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Laurie,
I looked, hoping to find either of my two favorite chains that I use for road trips, unexpected "lets eat out" while running errands etc.  But neither are in NYC (one is in staten island now though).  Jimmy Johns is known for excellent subs and they will "unwich" any of them - substituting lettuce for bread as the 'wrap". I love their roast beef, tomato, mayo, lettuce unwich :) Or the grilled artic cod sandwich as a lettuce wrap from Carl's Jr chain.

I know you will find a solution that will work for you, when you have time to tackle it.  You sound swamped!

Status
Not open for further replies.