The Weight Loss Support Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Weigh-in day! At least l think it's Friday ... l've been working so much overtime, l've lost track.

Anyway, this morning l weigh 184.6, for a weekly loss of 1.6lbs, and a total loss of 14lbs even.
Congratulations..14 lbs is wonderful!

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a .59 of a lb. loss for this week, to my surprise.  Some of my daily weights have been up - think it was the eating so that I felt too full, not to mention 4 days of eating out over last Friday through Monday!  I'm glad my birthday gluten-free cake is eaten and gone as of a couple of days ago...lol.  Next year, I may do a birthday cupcake instead :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Nice losses, ladies! :clap:

I am among the gainers this week. Lets go with a 1-1/2 pound gain. I've made three batches of ice cream this week and have apparently done too much taste tasting.

I'm having scale issues. The scale I normally use is being eating, with fluctuations of 1-1/2 pounds within 10 minutes. Who knows exactly what I gained. :rolleyes: We do have another scale in the house that I am going to start using, but will also look around for a better scale.

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
Measurements...

For this week:

neck - 14.25  ( -.25)

rt arm - 12.75  ( +.25)

lt arm -  12.5   ( +.25)

belly -  37.5  ( -.50)

hips -  39.5  ( -.50)

booty - 42  ( -.75)

rt thigh - 24.5  ( -.50)

lt thigh - 24.5  ( -.50)

rt calf - 15.5  ( +.50)

Nice to see some green numbers again, but it's a different story when I look at the overall since we started....

neck - ( -.50)

rt. arm - ( +.50)

lt. arm - ( +.50)

upper chest - ( -.50)

ta-ta's - ( -1.25)

rib/band - ( 0 )

belly - ( +.50)

hips - ( -.50)

booty - ( - 1.0)

rt. thigh - ( +.50)

lt. thigh - ( +.50)

rt. calf - ( +.50)

lt. calf - ( 0 )

The evidence in boobs and booty point to a slow loss, but what the heck is up with the belly?!  lol

I don't mind the arms getting a little bulk, but I'd like to see the thighs trim down thank-you-very-much.

And apparently, I lean on my right leg... only thing I can think of why that calf seems to be more bulked, lol.

Hopefully next month will see a few more green numbers.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Huh, the belly number really is kind of weird. Maybe you have been building muscles?

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Oh! Challenge!

This week's challenge is to try to add a little more activity to your daily routine. Little things add up, such as parking a little further away from the store, taking the stairs instead of the elevator, etc. thing of ways to add a little more activity every day. :)

Who is coming up with our superfood for this week? :)

catsallaround

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OH MY:)  I got on scale this am to 278.  I did not think it would be a loss as I have been eating feels as depression flared up last few days(Went shopping Wed and saw a few heavily pregnant women and a lil baby girl.  tiny!)

Got my first negative pregnancy test  Good as it means all was passed/no procedures needed...but ...:(

I been trying to walk the puppy alot.  Short but often.  Also helping as I talk to a person or two so lifts spirits a bit

ravencorbie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Kittymommy, I'm not a professional, so take this with a grain of salt.  I haven't had anything like that happen to me, but I know that when emotional stuff needs to come up, it comes up, whether it's a "good time" for it or not.  And it usually involves me writing a lot -- not necessarily writing ABOUT whatever is happening, but just writing fiction.  Sometimes, themes show up that I wasn't expecting that help me deal with it.  Granted, I'm a writer in my spare time, but maybe just random writing would help. 

This week was the second week of classes for students, so again, I was walking around a lot.  I tried to fit in some other exercise, but haven't managed it yet.  I also did a LOT more cooking than I've done in the past -- I cooked pretty much every night, except Wednesday, when I went out with my parents to celebrate my dad's birthday:  I tried to order something that was more vegetable and meat than carbs.

Apparently, this has paid off!  Today's weight:  151 lbs.  Last week:  163.5 --> so I lost 12 lbs.!  Looks good to me!  Now I just have to continue.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just read a dr oz health tip. Snack on prunes. They are rich in antioxidants, promote good bone health and assist with weight management by curbing your appetite. Think ill be getting some to add in with my breakfast.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good Job on the weight loss cats all around. I can't imagine how you must feel. I hope time can help you heal.
Raven Corbie 12 lbs. wow wow wow! That sure must look good to you! I'd say that's pretty good incentive to keep going. Keep up the good work.
Pat you did well for your birthday week. I don't want to encourage over eating but I am sure having a cake for my birthday!!! It's once a year. Happy birthday:)
AbbysMom I know it's disappointing to gain (i sure know!!)but you've been walking and that's great for your health. It's a new week now. Go for it!!
Hope I didn't miss anyone.
We are all doing great. Im proud of us. Yay for the weight loss motivation group!!!

Last edited:

ravencorbie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Prunes!  That's a great idea.  I'd meant to start eating prunes sometime last year when I learned that having more regular bowel movements might help with my weird stomach condition, but I'd completely forgotten.  The other benefits sound worthwhile, too.

Thanks, Tammat!  My next goal is to TRULY integrate exercise.  I keep calling my parents as soon as I get home, and by the time we're done talking, it's time to start cooking, and after I eat . . .  Well, you can see where this is going.  So, I told my parents I'm going to start calling them after dinner or at least after exercise.  I really need to get back to my alumni gym because they have a great pool, and no one is ever there.  I have a free-to-use pool at my apartment complex, but it's an outdoor pool, so everyone can see just by looking out their balcony -- I feel a little self-conscious for that (not just because of weight, but also in general).  If nothing else, though, I have some Zumba videos and the Daily Burn on my Roku player.

I hope you enjoy your cake when you have your birthday.  I'm not much of a cake person, but I'm sure I'll have a decadent dinner (probably steak).

Oh, and I forgot to mention that I DID eat some Brazil nuts this week.  They're in the salt-free nut mix I've been eating as a snack.

Last edited:

kittymommy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
OK, so I think I need to revise my weigh in from yesterday.  I'm still having scale issues.  I got back on the scale I used yesterday this morning  (the one in the workout room in my apt. complex) and it was very different from yesterday.  So I decided to go to the store and get a new scale.  This is sort of the scale story -- I live in an apartment that is 380 square feet, that's evreything the kitchen, the bathroom, everything, so space is very precious in my place.  So if I get a scale I don't really have a "permanent" place to put it and it just gets put here and there in my kitchen until it's pretty much ruined.  So I'm throwing out all the other 'bad" scales I have and I have this new one now and I'm committed to just go by this one no matter what and I've found it a good permanent place in my apartment where it's easily accessible, but it won't get ruined.  :)  So when I got on it this morning it said 335.4.  I'm writing this down in my food journal and it's what I'm going on from.  I think the last time I weighed it was like 336, but I don't feel comfortable to claim any loss because who knows how the scales would have synced up.  So we're going forward now from 335.4.  :)

Thanks to everyone who responded to my rambling on about my emotional issues.  :)  RC - yes you are right.  I actually dabble at fiction myself.  It's one of those things I used to love to do, but depression put it on the backburner for a long, long time.  I like your suggestion, writing is very theraputic and yeah, it doesn't need to be writing aobut the issues, just writing in general.  What genre of fiction do you write?

I guess I'm sort of isolated and I don't really have many people to talk to and Im starting to feel pretty comfy here, especially in this thread, so just expect more rambling from me.  :)  LOL!

Congrats to everyone who lost, and hang in there for everyone who walked the other side of the road this week, I'm there with you.  :)

Last edited:

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Just remember to buy more toilet paper when you buy the prunes.

I hope I've lost weight today! I should--we've spent the past 5 hours cleaning out the attic, which is really more of a crawlspace.  You have to scoot around on your rear to move. I took advantage of this, and did "butt walking"--"Walking" on my posterior, as if I were moving my legs to walk. This is supposed to be great for rear toning. I've hardly eaten today, as well--when I'm busy, I now tend to not want to eat.

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
She made yet another wise shopping choice...

dejolane

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kittymommy,

My visit to the doc today was well worth going too. I now weigh 209 but he thinks there my be a problem with why I'm losing so much weight at one time so he wants me too to get a colonoscopy in October. I told him to put it off as long as possible.Who wants a hose stuck up their rear anyway ? I told him to make sure I'm asleep and they could go at it.
 I had one done once long ago.

kittymommy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
dejolane, well I hope it's not something too serious.  I was out totally for mine and I think the worst part is the nasty nasty stuff they made you drink the night before to clean out the pipes as they say.  LOL!  One hint on that, my doc said I could mix it with apple juice or any gateraide that wasn't purple or red.  I went with the juice and it was at least tolerable.  Here the doc said I had to have someone come with me and stay with me to drive me home afterward because I'd be too out of it to drive.  I thought this was absolutely stupid but I had no choice.  But afterwards my daughter was here and she helped me get dressed and then we went to get breakfast at Braums.  I know this because she told me I don't remember ANY of it.  LOL!   :)

smitten4kittens

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do we still need a superfood for the week? How about blueberries...they are delicious and nutritious and for a lot of us they are in season.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I just read a dr oz health tip. Snack on prunes. They are rich in antioxidants, promote good bone health and assist with weight management by curbing your appetite. Think ill be getting some to add in with my breakfast.
Not a pruen fan, but I think we may have some in the house. I'll have to check. By the way, I did have some Brazil nuts last week that were in a can of mixed nuts. :)

OH MY:)  I got on scale this am to 278. 
Well done! :clap:

Do we still need a superfood for the week? How about blueberries...they are delicious and nutritious and for a lot of us they are in season.
We have prunes this week. :) Blueberries are a good idea. Maybe that can be next week's superfood?

Status
Not open for further replies.