The Warmest adult winter boots??

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sylorna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had sorels growing up and all I remember is my mom telling me that hers are soooo warm and my feet freezing. Maybe I'm more sensitive to the cold than most people *shrugs*
I did find a pair of boots at MEC that are rated up to -100...they're kind of neat looking and have the option of tyeing the tops so you can keep the snow out
So far they're top of my list, but I haven't gone to Marks yet.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a pair of Columbia Titanium Bugaboots and a pair of the tall snowmobile boots from MEC and wear them all the time when we are up north and they are always warm (so warm I take them off in the car so my feet dont boil).

I also have a 'dressier' pair of Sorel boots for work and they are great but I think the Columbia ones are warmer (they are also higher though for dealing with the up north snow compared to Toronto sludge so it could just be that)

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Why am I not surprised that the Canadians on this site have their own language surrounding winter boots? It's been years since I've needed warm boots so I can't offer advice, but I'll continue to read this thread as the language is fascinating!

sk_pacer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Used to have Sorel Bush-packs years ago...but I only got a few years out of them. For some odd reason, they wore out where the jogger and race bike stirrups hit...go figure. Ended up with regular ski-doo boots like everyone else wore because they were less pricey to replace. I gotta replace a pair this year - my old ones (8ish years for 5.00 boots at Super Store) have sprung a leak, and what leaks water leaks cold....shopping time - BLECH

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats

Look at all these canadians chiming in

does it really get that cold there? kieran & i want to move there at some stage
Originally Posted by Sylorna

Depends on where you live. Where I am now (Niagara region) is not so bad at all. We get some snow, but not a lot and it usually thaws between dumps. My jacket here is a heavy wool pea coat and it's fine. Where I'm moving to is about 6 hours north of here and much more like where I grew up so I know to expect 5 feet of snow and very very frigid cold weather. Basically you want really good supplies, even if you're just having to dust off the car in the morning because your skin could freeze otherwise. I'll be looking for a down parka or a fleece/windbreaker combo for this winter.
I live in northern British Columbia. I gets cold here. We also get a lot of snow. Unless it gets unbearable -30 C to -40 C my kids play outside all the time. I always get good coats, boots and a supply of gloves and mittens.