The Waiting to get engaged-thread

fieldofflowers

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yeah, we will have been together 2 years March 20th and we have been best friends for 6 years. Yes, I am the dummy that heald out on him for 4 years. I loved him, there was just a whole lot of situations that make it difficult for us to be together but I think I can honestly say he is the best guy I have ever meet. We have lived together for about a year and 5 months and it has been wonderful!! The first year was a little tough but nothing a little communication could not fix and we have totally jelled this year. Money is always tight and school is always stressful but we are that cute couple that makes ever one else sick. We just got our first kitty 7 weeks ago and she is ready to give birth anyday. I can not wait. I wish she would have them already. She is so cute and lumpy. So there has been hinting of a "special" anniversary gift we will see......

kaleetha

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Wow... that's a really complex story and I'm glad you two are still friends too!

lizch6699

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Me and Jeff met online almost 2 1/2 years ago. We talked on the phone for a few weeks and then agreed to meet up. I wasn't really interested but he seemed interesting and someone I could become good friends with. I was only 16 at the time so it was a little immature but I guess it worked out in the long run lol. When we first met in person I wasn't attracted to him, he had tried really hard to impress me lol
a few weeks later was my homecoming dance and me and my friends didn't know where to go to party afterwards. He lived about 30 mins away and so me and my friends drove out there for a few parties. We were together all night and my curfew was 2 for that night. We ended up talking on the phone until 5 and the rest is history. He finally made it official about 2-3 weeks later on Sweetest day. That was Oct 18th 2003 and we've been together ever since
We won't get engaged until we're financially stable because I really don't want a long engagement.

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is such a great idea for a thread! Fantastic stories everyone!

Max and I met over the phone, after he'd moved to the Gastro Department from admissions. He worked at a big public hospital in Perth, and I work for a gastroenterologist who does procedures at that hospital. Max and I had to talk a lot over the phone and liaise my boss's theatre lists.

The first time we ever spoke I knew we were going to end up together. We got to know each other over the phone for a few months, and also emailed each other a lot. When we finally arranged to meet it was very exciting. We met at a bar in the city, and talked for about four hours non-stop. I dropped him off to his car, because I had to go and pick up my brother from the airport, and he kissed me after saying goodbye, and again through the window, and again before he left...and I almost died

We've been together ever since that night. No games, no questions asked, just firmly together. We've been living together since June and are planning to start a family next year, hopefully. He told me I was the first person he's been able to fall in love with for ten years, ever since he was hurt very badly by an ex, and he's the best thing that ever happened to me. I will be divorced in two weeks - I had been separated for almost a year before I met Maxey - but neither he nor I are ready for marriage just yet. We're happy the way we are. I would love it if he asked me, but if he doesn't, that's ok, too!

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've recently discovered that there appear to be THREE rings of marriage.... and now I know what the Russian tri-colour wedding bands mean.

Engagement ring
Wedding ring
SUFFERing!!!

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jeremy and I 'met' back in April 2000 in a game called Asheron's Call.
We hit it off imediately and I traveled here to meet him in person that June.

Long distance relationships suck, and it was pretty bumpy.

In Summer 2002 while I was down for a visit, he presented me with a diamond promise ring.
I moved down here in Spring 2003 and we've been together since.
And now we play World of Warcraft

He wants to surprise me when he officially asks me, and he wants to find a unique way in which to do it.
That and we have to get a pre-nup drawn up.

Other than being legal and official though, we are a very close, very happy couple.

ashleynicole

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like this thread! Me and Patrick met in high school, I was a sophomore and he was a junior. We went to a small high school, but never really talked until a mutual friend told us we should go out. First date was actually a group date, but he took me home. We had our first kiss that night (yes I kissed on the first date), January 27, 2001. Since then we've gone through some tough times but always came out together! I broke up with him for a very short time (about 3-4 weeks) a month or so after our first date. I felt like I needed to "date other people" because he was only the 2nd guy I had gone out with since my parents allowed me to officially date. After talking with two other guys and never feeling that same happy feeling, we got back together.
Never been apart since. (In our hearts anyways). I say that because since he was a year ahead of me, he left for college. But he came home every weekend and we talked on the phone uncounted numbers of hours. (My dad eventually got him put on our cellphone plan to save money). Now we are in college together, just celebrated our 5th anniversary. I can't wait to get engaged, but have a feeling he will wait til we graduate (next may). I'd like to get engaged before then, but I can wait for him. His parents are kinda pressuring him to wait til graduation because they feel we need to be out of school. Yes I want to be out of school before we get married, but I don't see the harm in getting engaged before then. Ya know? Then by the time we graduated, stuff would be ready so we could get married soon! But he is well worth the wait, so we'll see!!