The vet told me to give bath to my cat with water which i put ectanon in. I am wondering if i should wash her with regular water afterwards? it was 20

Ekac

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The vet told me to give bath to my cat with water which i put ectanon in. I am wondering if i should wash her with regular water afterwards? it was 20ml of ectanon in 2l of water. My cat keeps licking her fur and i am scared she might get poisoned

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The vet told me to give bath to my cat with water which i put ectanon in. I am wondering if i should wash her with regular water afterwards? it was 20ml of ectanon in 2l of water. My cat keeps licking her fur and i am scared she might get poisoned
What does the vet says? He should know if he prescribes...

I tried to look, found one site when they describe dosage etc, but didnt clearly told about rinsing afterwards.

But Diazinon (the chemicals in question) seems to be rather hefty; and demands the human treating shall be verry careful and also thoroughly wash off herself afterwards...

So, yeah, I guess, after the full treatment, you should rinse off the cat thoroughly...

The real question is if you should use this; as this IS quite hefty, and contaminates the environment too... But if you dont have alternatives so you dont...

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Ektanon Veterinarski Zavod subotica
This is the only website that I could find which describes its use.

I assume that your cat has fleas or ticks and there is nothing else available. I would agree that rinsing the cat is the best thing to do, especially if he is licking.