The vet said Keiko needs to be PTS after another emergency visit today...

cat mommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sending
to you and to Keiko and Kenzie.
You are a wonderful foster mom!! You have given Keiko and his sister and all your other foster babies a HUGE chance at life! You do wonderful work!
I'm sending my thoughts and prayers for you tomorrow and little Keiko.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thankyou everyone! You guys are helping me soo much right now! I just walked into my room to check on the little one and he was just crying really faintly like he was in pain- it was horrible- i just started crying and held him for a bit before I covered him back up and put him on his heating pad. That's all i needed to see...I know now that the vets are right and he is in way too much pain right now
It's just hard to acknowledge what needs to be done. Thankyou soo much everyone for your support. Sometimes as a foster mom I second guess myself and start wondering if there was anything else I could do/ have done...but in this case, I rest in the fact that i've done everything and have taken him to multiple vets and numerous vet visits....All of which are excellent vets and really care about what's in his best interest. Thankyou again everyone- this is a hard thing to do, you ya'll are making it a bit easier on my spirit tonight.

cinder

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

I haven't kept up on Keiko's threads, but I'd be willing to bet that the best thing in his life was you. I think he knows you've done your best. And while I'll pray for a miracle for him, letting go is only going to hurt you, not him.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Cinder

I haven't kept up on Keiko's threads, but I'd be willing to bet that the best thing in his life was you. I think he knows you've done your best. And while I'll pray for a miracle for him, letting go is only going to hurt you, not him.
Thankyou- i really appreciate that.

lisalee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Keiko still remains in my thoughts and prayers. Big hugs to you too.

stormy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor little guy

Sending lots of good and calming vibes your way

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry about your little foster baby.Sometimes no matter what we do, God has other plans for our fur babies.You have done EVERYTHING humanly possible.HUGS for all your hard work and the love that you have shown him.He is greatful for everything that you have done for him.
I will pray for a miracle, but "our" miracle might NOT be what we want.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thankyou soo much everyone- you can't possible realize how much this is helping me to read your comments and words of advice! I'm just hoping I make it through my class tomorrow and my dentist app. without balling the entire time before i take him in for his appointment. He's soo weak- it's soo sad. I have him here on my lap as we speak just spending some time with him..I hope he pulls through- but at this point, I don't think he will...

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by crittermom

I am so sorry about your little foster baby.Sometimes no matter what we do, God has other plans for our fur babies.You have done EVERYTHING humanly possible.HUGS for all your hard work and the love that you have shown him.He is greatful for everything that you have done for him.
I will pray for a miracle, but "our" miracle might NOT be what we want.
You and your family are also in my thoughts and prayers tonight as well. I know you're going through a rough time as well. Keep your chin up sweetie

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Keep your chin up sweetie
You too!!! Give him extra lovins and tell him how you feel about him.How he has changed your life and how much you love him.
Hang in there and may you find the peace that you deserve!

felineorc

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
and plenty of support vibes for you and the fur babies. I have been checking in to the thread in the hope that I would see that all is well but I guess that is not to be this time.

Don't second guess yourself - you have done everything (and a bit more) to save Keiko but it is just not to be. He will be happy at the Rainbow Bridge soon, able to run around and do all the kitten things he deserves and no longer in pain.

Keiko will never forget you and will remember you as a wonderful human.

I hope that the creatures that hurt the kitties get caught and that they get punished enought to never hurt another living person.
They are not human.

Hugs again to you and a cuddle to Keiko's sister.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh gosh the poor little guy. Is there any chance they could do a spinal block and some steriods to calm all the pain and inflammation down? Especially since it's just the pain that's a problem. I really hate to hold out false hope, but it was just a thought...

watchcaddy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Really really sorry to hear all of this. This is so sad. Wish the best.

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have replied on your other thread, but wanted to reply on this as well. Thanks to your love, care and devotion, one of this bunch will survive, and that is excellent with their history, so you really have done a good job, and please dont think otherwise. I can understand you second guessing yourself, but it really sounds like you have made sure you have got enough advice to make sure this is the best thing for him - and also done more than some people would have done for him. So again, big hugs and I will be thinking of you.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I posted this in the Health & Nutrition thread...but I also wanted to update everyone on this thread as well as to what is going on today.

Thankyou once again everyone. I really appreciate your words of comfort & vibes today. I just got finished feeding Kenzie & Keiko a minute ago. When I went to get Keiko out of his carrier, he was flopped over on his back and he had had an upset stomach and gotten sick all over his fur. I cleaned him up and fed him a bit. He is just soo pitiful. What makes it worse is that he's alert - but in pain...it's like a contridiction. I'm really sad about this. I have a dentist appointment today around 1:00. After that, I plan to come home and get him. When we get to the appointment- the vet is going to look at him one last time and make sure that we've exhauseted every means before he will be pts. Hopefully, he will not have to be, but realistically....i know he's in pain. This is gonna be a really hard thing to do- but i am soo greatful that I have everyone's vibes and love today! I really appreciate that, as does little Keiko. If he does wind up having to be pts....this will be the third foster i've lost in a month- that's a really hard blow to handle. When Kenzie & Keiko were found- they had a little brother with them- and he passed on only a few hours after I had him at my house- he was so sick and badly beathen from those boys . Lex passed on a little over a week ago....and now Keiko might...so this is tough- but I'm resting in the comfort though that even though they didn't live long- while I had them I was able to provide them with vet care, a loving home, warm bed, and food in their tummies....that kind of helps. I'm very greatful though that Kenzie is doing soo well- she's keeping my spirits up- Last night, She managed to escape from her playpen in the dining room...and my little Isabella went over to her, held her down and started grooming and kissing her- it was soo sweet- seems like Isabella has adopted her a kitten lol. / I'm so greatful if even one makes it- I just hope Keiko can also- but I also realize he's in pain and he doesn't deserve to suffer like that. Thankyou once again everyone. I'll update throughout the day. Please keep me in your prayers if you don't mind. I don't think I will be going back there with Keiko if they do have to have him pts. That is way too hard....I would rather have my last memory of him be of him when he was alive and in my arms eating his lunch. My friend at the shelter, Heather, has offered to hold him in his last minutes if need be- I just can't bring myself to watch yet another foster kitten die.
Thankyou again everyone

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh this is so sad, I really feel for what you are going through. But he has love and care and you are doing the best thing for him, as a good foster mother has to. I am so sorry.